Guaranteed Rooms and luggage

DemonPeeves

I have been reading that guaranteed rooms can be assigned at anytime but it seems pretty likely they get assigned when you arrive at the ship.

That's fine, its the gamble you take and I understand that part, but what I'm wondering is what do you do with your bags?

Normally I've received tags in the mail from the cruiseline with the room numbers on them that you attach to your luggage, give to the curbside check in guys and then you're off to get your card, etc...

Now if you dont know your room and you dont get those tags, do you have to carry your luggage around with you while you check in? Then will someone take them? In the event I dont get a room number until the day I check in, I wont have to carry the bags with me until the room is available, will I?

Thanks everyone!

I have been reading that guaranteed rooms can be assigned at anytime but it seems pretty likely they get assigned when you arrive at the ship.

That's fine, its the gamble you take and I understand that part, but what I'm wondering is what do you do with your bags?

Normally I've received tags in the mail from the cruiseline with the room numbers on them that you attach to your luggage, give to the curbside check in guys and then you're off to get your card, etc...

Now if you dont know your room and you dont get those tags, do you have to carry your luggage around with you while you check in? Then will someone take them? In the event I dont get a room number until the day I check in, I wont have to carry the bags with me until the room is available, will I?

Thanks everyone!

The porters will have a manifest with your room assignment. They also have tags that are blank and will write in your cabin # for you.

When did you book? We are sailing on Feb. 21, 2010, with most of us being in a Guarantee status. Our cabins were assigned mid-November even before final payment was due, which surprised me. (I'm the TA.) I would imagine, the longer it takes before cruising, the better chance you get to have a "good" assignment.

Good Luck.

Archived