Holiday Inn French Quarter

Okay, we just booked the Holiday Inn French Quarter for the night before our cruise in August. We booked it at $129 with free parking for 8 nights. Does that sound like a good rate?? Has anyone stayed at this hotel and how hard is it to get a taxi in the morning of a departing cruise. We like to arrive at the port about 11 am, what time do you think we should call the cab?? Sorry for all the questions, but we have never left out of New Orleans before.

Id call 30 minutes before anyway, its not far to the port, Id give the taxi 20 minutes to get there and it will take 10 or 15 minutes to get to the port at the most. We stayed at the Drury and it came to $133, and I booked early and rates have since gone up for parking charge, even if the cruise parking is free. So, your price is in line. We parked for 9 days total included in the price. (B2B 4/5 day cruises)

I don't know about the cab fare to the terminal, but my family stayed there a while ago and loved the location! Not far from pirate's alley, and royal street is much nicer than Bourbon(although Bourbon is just one block over). We walked to port o' call for a great burger(kind of a long walk, but nice). Ate at (I think) Morans on bourbon one night...very good Italian. And of course, not too far from Central Grocery(best moufaletta in town!) There is a parking garage underneath, so your car would be secure. Loved the hotel!!!

Thanks for all your everyone that replied. Your responses are very helpful. I like the idea of being able to reserve my cab ahead of time. How far in advance do you think I should reserve one? We have been looking at the hotel on Google maps and it does look like it is in a good location. I was wondering where the parking was though. Good to know it is sheltered unless it comes a hurricane it should be protected.

I would think a day in advance would be fine for a taxi, but you can always call them now and ask.

The land near the river, including the French Quarter, is relatively high compared to the rest of the city. No need to worry about flooding. The Convention Center, right by the cruise port, was a primary area for people rescued from flooding to be taken.

Yes, the Convention Center has been completely refurbished since.

Archived