Galveston disabled veteran parking

caljus

I utilized the free parking for disabled vets at the Port parking lot in November...from what I understand the lot is 1st come 1st serve...in November there is just one ship in port and didn't have a problem getting a space....seems most CC's use Lighthouse or EZ

I don't think Lighthouse or EZ offers anything like this.

Does anyone anyone know if the Port lot fills fast with 2 ships in?

Trying to decide on playing it safe and just pay and reserve

Have used DV parking on several Sunday occasions. Granted, I usually get there at about 10AM, but have never had a problem with availability. My last experience was in March of 2008, so I can't vouch for any changes since then. Hope this info helps, and thank you for your service. Red

Thanks for your response Red...

it does ease my mind a bit...like I indicated I have witnessed the traffic with just the Conquest and using the port parking was not a problem getting there by 11...guess I was getting worked up for nothing.

We used it on the Jan 4, 09 fog cruise. Even with everyone showing up at the same time it was no problem with 2 cars. Have fun.

Sherry

Ah yes, the famous Fog Cruise. I remember the crowds in the terminal well... And the exploding men's room urinal...

Archived