which is best for us?

rdevine10

Hi everyone,

Im still deep in our planning stages for a vacation! We are committed to trying a cruise for a vacation!

I have been doing tons of research and have narrowed things down a bit, but Im hoping for some input to help us decide!!!!! aghhh!!!

Who is going: 2 kids aged 8 and 5 at time of travel and 2 parents (mid 30's)

There are 3 choices right now I have narrowed it down to:

Choice # 1: Disney 4 night in April (to nassau and castaway cay) on the Disney Dream (which looks to be an awesome new ship!!!)

Choice # 2: Carnival 5 night out of Jacksonville (in August) on the Fascination (which from what I read is going into drydock soon for a renovation- adding the waterworks). We would go to Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Choice # 3: Norweigan Spirit 7 night cruise from Boston to Bermuda. (in August) (looks to be a very nice ship with a small waterslide area for the kids). I know a couple people who have cruised her and loved it. Bermuda seems like a great destination for kids (beaches).

Boston would be the closest port for us, but the others are doable (as my Mom lives near Jacksonville/Port Canaveral). So, port isnt total key for us. Im afraid 7 nights might be too long for our 1st cruise, but afraid less we might wish we wanted more!

Any thoughts on any of these choices? All are somewhat comparable pricewise.

Thanks!

I may be a bit biased since I LOVE Disney, but if you have never been to Disney I would recomend going that route. Maybe do the combo one (that has some sea/port day, plus extra days to do parks when back from cruise).

I am not sure what gender your kids are, but ages 5 and 8 are PRIME Disney ages- still loves the Princesses, Disney characters, etc...

We are doing the Carnival cruise out of Baltimore instead of Disney because we went a few months ago for 9 days and we are a bit Disney'ed out (GASP... I never thought I would say that!:eek:), so we wanted to try something new... but for familes that have never been, I would choose the Disney cruise IMO.

Have a great time whichever you choose!!!:)

Take care,

Diana

Let me first say that I have 3 kids(9,5,and 8 mo.) I'm in my 30's...so ..Out of the 3 I would choose disney in a heart beat. You want your first time to be..wow. Nothing against carnival or norw, but their older ships. Dream is new. big difference. I usally only go on rccl. The kids love it. So much to do and they love the clubs. The freedom class is great with the water park. We did the nickoledoen cruise on the freedom and they loved it!! My advice is relax and enjoy. Don't over research, you'll drive your self crazy. If your not a picky traveler, then anyone is fine...but if your picky, i would pick rccl or disney. (my opinion)the service is great, fun for kids, clean. Though (in my opinion) rccl has better food. I want to go the disney dream next year though. good luck

thanks for the repsonses so far. Both of my kids are girls. And we are Disney ADDICTS! My youngest in her 5 years will have been 6 times by the we cruise!!!!!

thanks for the advice.... Im a vacation planning nut and never realized just how MANY choices there are for cruising! Im trying to not let my head spin!!!!!

I have been leaning towards Disney personally only as if we going to do a Disney Cruise I think these would be a great age.

Archived