Suite Perks

tgjr

I heard you can always get in at Chops/Portofino when you are a suite guest and that reservations are not necessary. Is this right? Or is there a priority for suite pass for these restaurants if you go to the concierge desk?

I have not made online reservations precruise hoping I can make it when I get on board (I want to burn through my OBCs instead of paying for it now....)

Katherine

I heard you can always get in at Chops/Portofino when you are a suite guest and that reservations are not necessary. Is this right? Or is there a priority for suite pass for these restaurants if you go to the concierge desk?

I have not made online reservations precruise hoping I can make it when I get on board (I want to burn through my OBCs instead of paying for it now....)

Katherine

There's no priority and reservations are needed. The concierge can make reservations but it's just as easy to do it yourself. Just stop by the restaurant when you board. It just takes a second.

Not to be ignorant but what is valet luggage?

Your luggage is taken from the ship straight to the airport. The next time you see it is at your destination. This is a free service for suite guests (GS or Higher) otherwise it's $20.00 per person. You are allowed 2 bags per person and the airline baggage fees will apply. Your flight must be between 11:30am and 11:59pm and applies only to flights in the US.

I must disagree with the original poster. My family typically books the Royal Suite due to the fact that I have four children and we need to room. We have been met at the terminal by a Senior Officer (2nd Officer and Chief Housekeeping Officer, but never the Captain). We have always received a bottle of Moet champagne, fresh flowers in the cabin and VIP seating for the shows and or deck chairs (when available). The Concierge has been available and their are complimentary drinks in the Concierge Lounge every evening from 5:00 - 7:00. The Concierge has arranged specialty dinning, spa sessions and even a birthday cake for my eldest son. Yes, you pay more for a suite, but we enjoy a balcony and honestly - I enjoy a private whirl pool to myself.

Here's a question I've posted before, but never received a response.

I notice that some of the suites have a dry bar. It looks very nice, with glasses and (at least in the pictures) a small bar setup, and shelving above or next to the bar. Even with all of that setup, they still don't allow a bottle in the room? It seems odd to me to consume that kind of real estate if they won't deliver a bottle of liquor.

Do they have the same restriction on this as the rest of the cabins, or will they sell a bottle to suite guests?

Here's a question I've posted before, but never received a response.

I notice that some of the suites have a dry bar. It looks very nice, with glasses and (at least in the pictures) a small bar setup, and shelving above or next to the bar. Even with all of that setup, they still don't allow a bottle in the room? It seems odd to me to consume that kind of real estate if they won't deliver a bottle of liquor.

Do they have the same restriction on this as the rest of the cabins, or will they sell a bottle to suite guests?

Same restrictions. It's no different.

Do you receive any preference for seating in the MDR if you are in a Suite (Grand Suite and above)? This could be either prior to the cruise or a table change once onboard.

Thanks

Tiredol6

No preference given.

I'm not 100% sure this is correct. We had the Owner's Suite on Vision a couple of years ago and we had a prime table (right next to the Captain's table) in the MDR along with a group of Diamond Plus members and another couple from another Owner's Suite.

Archived