Anyone on Nutrisystem?

monkeyrouge

I did NS for 3 months before a cruise I took last year. Got great results, lost about 35 lbs in that time. The food was, eh. And it's pricey. Plus, I've found along with others that have used it, the instant you stop using their food the weight goes right back on. I've been on Weight Watchers since December 1st and like that a whole lot better. You can eat what you want and you don't have to buy their food to be on the program.

I started NS on Jan. 14th.

I have used it before but I think the food is much better now.

It is expensive so I know I better stick with it.

I want to lose about 30 to 35 lbs by this summer.

I have a treadmill I want to start using but I have tendinitis in my

foot and am hoping it gets better soon.

Hi, sorry to bring up this indelicate subject, but I had a real problem with the Malitol that NS uses in the food. While the food tasted ok, what it did to my stomach was not! :eek: I couldn't even stand to be around myself!

You will lose weight, but I believe if you ate only "smart ones" frozen meals (or lean cuisine, etc) and were careful with your water, fruit, veggies, etc. you would have the same outcome.

To me, soaking a dehyrated wafer in water for 30 seconds is not my idea of a hamburger, yet that's what a NS hamburger requires.

Whatever works for you is great and if you are successful with NS, YAY!!! I just couldn't handle the "foulness" of it. I did lose about 16 pound in 2 months. About the same that I lost in equivalent time on WW.

Good luck Everyone!!! I am back on WW....the story of my life.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, the hamburger is disgusting. Everything else I have tasted is at least decent though, with a few things I found excellent for diet food. I'm chronicling my weight loss in my blog (see siggy) and taking pictures of what I eat so that people can see what the NS food is actually like.

I started Nutrisystem 2 weeks ago and have already lost 7lbs and I don't feel deprived. I hate programs like WW with all the counting and measuring, honestly. I lost 60lbs before on my own but now with a new little one, I don't have time to be preparing healthy meals. I was eating so much fast food and boxed garbage, I figured it may as well be healthy boxed garbage.

Both my dh & I have done NS recently. We started in Sept 09 and dh has lost over 60 pounds (and made his goal). I have lost 35 and still want to lose 15 more. We are doing a Celebrity cruise in late March and our goal was to lose before then. Our last cruise was in August and we got of the Infinity both weighing the most we ever have in our lives.

So we have had good success with NS and also lots and lots of exercise!

NS has a great online community for support too.

I would not want to eat the NS food forever but it was what I needed to really make some life long changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got a promo email from Nutrisystem so I thought I'd share here. If anyone's interested in trying NS, I can forward it to you and you will save $50 on each shipment for 3 months plus an extra $30 your first month. Just send me an email through my blog and I'll hook you up.

Archived