Subs or glass bottom boats in Grand Cayman?

JCFollower

Did the submarine with my family on a cruise a few years ago. It was a serious waste of cash. Couldn't see much due to the depth and mild murkiness. Also, it felt over crowded and hot for the entire time. Can't speak to the glass bottom boat in Grand Cayman, but did one in the Bahamas and enjoyed it much more due to the open air, etc. -- Jen

I guess others had a different experience than my mom and I did on the Atlantis sub. We really had a good time doing it. It wasn't murky at all. Saw fish, stringrays, eels, etc. We really liked it and didn't find the ride in the sub uncomfortable at all

We are doing the Submarine in two weeks. You can go to the Atlantis website and see a short video. This is listed as one of the three best things to do in Georgetown by Frommers. And really, how often do you get the chance to be in a submarine?

Hi;

Did the Atlantis submarine when we were in Cayman Island last year.

We did not see much , the water was murky, all the colors were green... fishes, sand, everything...

If you really want to do it , then do it. But it is expensive and we do not recommend it.

Are there any subs or glass bottom boats to take in Grand Cayman to see the coral reefs and fish?

Last year we did the Semi-sub tour in Grand Cayman. Not as costly as the full submarine tour (which we signed up to do two years before but it got cancelled due to high winds). We appreciated the semi-sub and being able to see the fish, coral reefs without getting wet. I am a beach bunny - don't like salt water in my face - so this was a nice way to see the marine life and stay dry!

Archived