CELEBRITY, baby crib question

JEDIKNIGHT

Last May, on Summit, they provided a standard size pack and play type crib. (I do not recall seeing a brand name on it.)

We brought linens, but they also provided and changed fresh daily.

If you have any other X questions, let me know!

Last May, on Summit, they provided a standard size pack and play type crib. (I do not recall seeing a brand name on it.)

We brought linens, but they also provided and changed fresh daily.

If you have any other X questions, let me know!

Good to know, we leave on Summit next week. Is it an actual pack n play? Im wondering about the mattress and the sides in particular... are they the mesh sides and the thin 1 inch type mattress?

WineDown, thanks for the reply. Another question re X, and this is something I kind of struggle with.

What is the onboard "feel" or attitude towards babies? I am very sensitive to NOT being rude to people who boarded a cruise for peace,quiet, romance etc. Heck I hated when that happened to me and DW in the old days. So we've decided that we WON'T bring DD to MDR, or shows cause that would be rude. Luckily my parents are coming so I have a built in babysitting for that but even on a previous cruise without them, we did the same thing.

On "x".....is it okay with fellow passengers to bring a baby to the buffet? There would be some squirms, a whimper here or there....sometimes a tad loud.

Think that's okay? Thanks.

I found the attitude on these boards was FAR worse than on board.. and we had the ONLY 2YO on that sailing- In fact there was probably less than a dozen kids. (2 week Europe sailing)

Everyone was wonderful.., we brought him to the MDR every night- and he never so much as made a peep- he surprised us even. If he had, we would have removed him immediately. He had so much fun with all that there was to eat and see, that he could sit 2 hours thru dinner!

In fact, we got tons of comments on his behavior, and some even mentioned they changed their perspective on having children that age on board..

My advice is enjoy your vacation, do the things YOU want to do.. including the MDR.. but if you need to leave, respect the other passengers and do so ASAP if behavior becomes disruptive..The worst thing he did was fall asleep on the table one night. :)

The wait staff DOTED on him. So many leave their kids behind for months at a time. They would bring him whatever he wanted and even had a bowl of black olives on the table for him each night when we arrived. (I know- weird, but he loves them.)

MDR.jpg.38e64b49383b34908d25ba5ac0f78ee0.jpg

MDR2.jpg.8d7981044ecc6a471eda50105180b7d4.jpg

Thanks, and cute kid btw. Dressed like a VIP and good manners. 25 years from now if you wanna hook him up with my 19 month DD lemme know we can do a cruise together. ;)

Yeah we'll play it by ear. DD is a wonderful baby but she just doesn't sit still. That's why I'll try to MDR but mostly utilize my parents to watch her. That's why we did different seatings for babysitting purposes. I do plan to bring her to the buffets. Should be fine there but for a few peeps or squirmings.

Thanks. He cleans up good!

My inlaws came with us as well, and it is such a huge help... good for you.

You will have a GREAT time! Post pics and let everyone know how you liked it. I am excited FOR you!

You never know how they will be on board- the fresh air and things to look at may make her less squirmy.. or the opposite. Just roll with the changes and enjoy. Dont worry about anything.. and avoid the X boards. They tend to lynch parents of young kids over there!! LOL

PS: What a great experience for your young Paduan learner... hee hee

winedown, I love that picture of you DS passed out with his head on his Taggie. DD has the same Taggie ;) and I only wish getting her to sleep wasnt a battle!

DD will be 2 weeks shy of 1 when we cruise with her next week. We plan to bring her to the main dining room. Shes very content to people watch and well behaved, so I doubt we will have much trouble from her. But DH and I are prepared to remove ourselves with her if needed. She normally eats dinner with us around 7pm, but we booked the early seating because bedtime for her is at 8pm. I doubt we will make any shows after dinner with her for this reason. She doesnt sleep when there is anything new going on she would rather watch, so no stroller sleeping here...

Mobster-

You will all have a great time!! I did not know how he would do.. but all of the activity and fresh air made him much easier than at home.. So keeping my fingers crossed for you! He was- and still isnt- a great sleeper. So this was a pleaseant surprise!

One advice on the Taggie- I have read that some folks have left their blankies, etc in cribs- and by accident it has made it into ships laundry never to be seen again.

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to put it somewher "safe" when not in use!!

We have been diehard Celebrity cruisers for years and have had our little ones on there before. Not only were the staff phenomenal with the kids (many were missing their own little ones) but many of the older people (we cruise during the school year, hence an older crowd onboard) were pleased to visit with them.

We have used the in-cabin babysitting and had a great experience as well. I have no complaints about Celebrity.....so we are nervous as heck to sail on the Carnival Dream in 6 days, as our standards are so high with Celebrity!

Anyway, our little princess was treated like one everywhere onboard, esp by the room steward, who made the pack n play up so nicely and even left little chocolates on HER bed for her!

Have a blast, X is best!

Another question, possibly a stoopid one.

I assume they have whole milk onboard for pax?

Also, do they have small or any size individual boxes of it? I'd like to keep boxes en suite so I can prepare her bottles.

LOL@padawan. May the Force be with you.

Another question, possibly a stoopid one.

I assume they have whole milk onboard for pax?

Also, do they have small or any size individual boxes of it? I'd like to keep boxes en suite so I can prepare her bottles.

LOL@padawan. May the Force be with you.

I tried! My 13 YO is a HUGE SW fan..

They do have whole milk, in cartons.. just ask. That was what came to our room each morning for our cereal.. and we could specify whole or non fat. I can not recall if the milk choices in the buffet in the dispenser thingies.

Winedown, I hope that my 11-month old will be like your boy when we go on our NCL cruise next month: eat well then pass out :) . Heck, if my son was like that at home I'd be happy!

He is NOT like that at home!! It was great though for our trip!!... .he was actuallly very difficult when we got home becuase our routine was boring in comparison!!

ENjoy.. Have a GREAT time.. and let is know how much fun you had!!

Archived