First Time Cruise!(Oceana 26/06/2010)

Jackdusty

Hello,

Myself and my family are off on our first ever cruise vgrin.gif on the Oceana leaving Southampton and going to the west Med for 14 nights. My daughter will be 18 and my son 16.

Has anybody been on the ship, this cruise that can give us any advice or tips?

We have an outside 4 berth cabin. We have taken Club Dining on 2nd sitting.

If anybody can gives us any information about the cruise it would be really helpful.

We are all looking forward to it very much even though it is a long way off vsad.gif

Is anybodyelse going on this cruise icon_question.gif

Thanks

John

John

photos of Oceana here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?

authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#5378441032851422274

a GREAT choice of ship, good time of year to go,you will have a great time.I have answered more fully on the other thread about this cruise (30th WA cruise)

Best to think now about ports of call and how to make the most of them, where to go, DIY it or book tours.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my husband and I will be joining you on the Oceana on 26/6. It's our first cruise too. We will be celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary and are very excited. Just looking through forums to gain more info. One question I wouldn't mind answering is whether you can buy a drinks package (alcohol one) on board?

I'm sure I will have lots of questions over the forthcoming months.

I would also like to be able to have one of those count downs to the sailing but don't know how to get it with my posts.

Thanks

We celebrated our Silver Wedding last summer with a renewal of vows on Aurora. It was wonderful, we highly recommend it. Nearly as enjoyable as the first time! Definitely nearly as nerve wracking!! Only joking! Have a great time!

Hi, my husband and I will be joining you on the Oceana on 26/6. It's our first cruise too. We will be celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary and are very excited. Just looking through forums to gain more info. One question I wouldn't mind answering is whether you can buy a drinks package (alcohol one) on board?

I would also like to be able to have one of those count downs to the sailing but don't know how to get it with my posts.

Thanks

Never noticed a drinks package as such, you can buy a wine deal of some sort but I don't recall what it was, we just drink as we go sort of thing.

Hello,

Myself and my family are off on our first ever cruise vgrin.gif on the Oceana leaving Southampton and going to the west Med for 14 nights. My daughter will be 18 and my son 16.

Has anybody been on the ship, this cruise that can give us any advice or tips?

We have an outside 4 berth cabin. We have taken Club Dining on 2nd sitting.

If anybody can gives us any information about the cruise it would be really helpful.

We are all looking forward to it very much even though it is a long way off vsad.gif

Is anybodyelse going on this cruise icon_question.gif

Thanks

John

Hi My Wife and I are on the same cruise first time doing the Med looking forward to it very.

Paul & Vena

Thanks

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... Thats how I started cruising, to celebrate our Silver Anniversary.... we went on Arcadia to the Canaries in 2006. It was supposed to be a one-off special holiday....ummm after 5 days after disembarking the 2nd was booked for the following year, but in-between waiting for that we went on a 2n cruise....the rest is history! Totally addicted, like many many others...;)

To make our silver WA extra-special I ordered the deluxe Occasion package - do consider it... Champagne, belgian chocs and a fruit bowl on arrival in Cabin, a champagne room service breakfast on your anniversary morning, 2 spa packages - a facial and massage, and a photo of you both, which you can choose from the ones taken while onboard..(perhaps a formalone?)

Have a wonderful time.

Hi John,

our first cruise was on Oceana and we absolutely loved it. We too had an outside cabin for 4 and at first I couldn't believe how small the cabin was. However there is ample wardrobes and drawers so once we were unpacked the cabin just felt really cosy.

We found it was easier if some of us had showers at the spa area to speed up getting ready on an evening. We were on first sitting on our first cruise but always felt rushed getting ready for dinner so we always choose second sitting.

Our boys would never normally go to kids club on a land based holiday but now it's the first place they go to. They seem to make lovely friends each time, many of whom they still keep in touch with.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time and don't worry that everyone will be posh and stuffy. We've met some lovely people who all have interesting tales to tell about the cruises they've been on.

The drinks prices on p and O are very reasonable especially if you go for the cocktail of the day! Shore excursions tend to be very expensive though, especially if you're paying for 4 people. We usually just do our own thing, either open top bus tour or train rides especially in Italy which are really good value.

We have done Oceana twice to date and as others have said it is a great ship. Your itinerary is a good one with most places easy to tour DIY. Loads of useful info on this site re each port. Rome is easy and cheap by train 9 euro return but you do need to be very organised when you get there to make the most of your time. have a great cruise.

Thanks very much for all your help on the recent posts.

We are all really looking forward to the cruise

Debra my wife hs been buying alot of dresses recently so she is enjoying that!

She has also just started her Dissertation for her final year at Uni in Portsmouth so the thought of the cruise is really keeping her going!

Thanks again

John

Archived