A Taste of Nassau Historical Island Tour

happy cruzin

I posted this on the Ports board - but have gotten no response.

I just found out yesterday that Carnival has cancelled the excursion that we had booked for Nassau :eek:. So we are now researching other alternatives because we leave in 20 days :o

Has anyone done the tour through Island Marketing - A Taste of Nassau Historical Island Tour??

We were in Nassau last year and did the shopping and Senor Frog's thing - so we were looking for something different this time. But I am not looking to step out on our own :(.

Anyone have any suggestions :confused:?

We took a tour of the island, recommendations from the CC Nassau thread. We even knew which tour guide to ask for, courtesy of these boards. He met us outside the terminal area. We loaded up with others, in a nice vehicle and he took us from the poorest areas of the island all the way to the wealthiest areas. We stopped at the fort and the Queen's stairs then on to beautiful Atlantis. He took us through Atlantis and showed us all around and we took lots and lots of photos. From there he took us back to downtown for some shopping and then we walked back to the ship. It was a wonderful day......$20/person:)

Check out the Nassau threads.....I can't remember our guides name, but, he is a CC favorite.

Have a great cruise!

P.S. This is not an excursion through Carnival......

I posted this on the Ports board - but have gotten no response.

I just found out yesterday that Carnival has cancelled the excursion that we had booked for Nassau :eek:. So we are now researching other alternatives because we leave in 20 days :o

Has anyone done the tour through Island Marketing - A Taste of Nassau Historical Island Tour??

We were in Nassau last year and did the shopping and Senor Frog's thing - so we were looking for something different this time. But I am not looking to step out on our own :(.

Anyone have any suggestions :confused:?

I noticed your post about a day ago which started a discussion about what to do about a tour of Nassau. I was recently on the Triumph the week before Christmas and on our Port Day (Nassau) we rented a Van-$20.00 per person group of seven. The tour person Ian Sargent Sarge's Taxi and Tour took us around the Island (shameless plug but he made us feel safe because all of the negative things posted about tourist being robbed while on excursions). We did almost exactly what some of the excursions do by visiting some of the poorest areas, the wealthiest areas, a stop at the foot of the highest point in Nasssau, a walk around the old fort, shopping at that stop on to the Queen's Starcase. We got a little sidetracked because we had some women with us and not to offend anyone it took them a while to decide what to buy at one of the shoppping stops so we got to Atlantis a little late but we still had time to take a tour and again as somone said on one of the comments got the opportunity to take a lot of pics. After our stop and guided tour by him we got back to the place where the ship was docked and picked up some last minute sovnenirs at the shop around the dock. I would suggest this as an alternative just use common sense and remember this is their way of making a living so they are anxious to please you and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Good Luck!

Guest bahamamama1

Is this the port where some cruisers were robbed while on a segway excursion ?

I think I will do the beach as well, Probly the Hilton. We will have a 2 year old with us and I am taking NO CHANCES whether people say it is safe or not !!

Weve taken a water taxi over to Atlantis and explored than had a taxi driver drive us around the sights( Depends on hours and people for the price) and than was dropped off at the frogs for last minute drinks

Archived