The most private beach ?

tonppa

Hi!

We are very independent travellers. We would like to find a very beautiful and privat beach in Roatan. Maybe even romantic ;) ? We don't need services there. We just tell our driver to go there ...and just relax the rest of the day there...sunbathing and maybe snorkelling. What would be ideal beach for this? :)

There is a resort that is not crowed and offers transport and use of the resort Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort $25.00 per. Here is ther website they do take a day or two to reply.

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/beach_day.htm

There is also Paya Bay which is very private but also has a nude area. There day pass is $85 with lunch and a snorkel tour.

http://www.payabay.com/resort-roatan/roatan/shore-excursion/?src=search

Wow! Thank you very much.

The Turquise Bay website looks great and I'm going to go to tripadvisor and see about the place.

I was thisclose to booking Maya Key (Fins and Flippers) but their prices, with transportation, come to $50 (I am a party of 5).

Turquise Bay, with transportation, is $25. We are only looking for a beach day, with a little watersports for the kids (1 - 12 year old and 2 - 16 year olds) so think this may suit us.

Just sent them an e-mail.

Thank you very much.

I wonder if they pick up at Mahogany Bay for $25.00 also. The website was referring to the old cruise dock.

Are you referring to CCL? I'm new to CCL (usually sail RCCL) but sailing in August 2010 on the Dream.

I just sent an e-mail to Turquise Bay regading the transportation and informed them I am on Carnival Dream and about the cost including the transportation.

If you are referring to CCL, I'll post their answer to me when I receive it (just sent about 30 minutes ago).

Does anyone know how the snorkeling is from the beach at Turquoise Bay?

I did it and there was not very good visibility. The reef is not to far out, some in our group went out to it via kayaks. This is why I prefer Maya Key (Fins and Flippers), walk out on the pier, step in, and start snorkeling:p

Enjoy what ever you do!

Sandy

I did it and there was not very good visibility. The reef is not to far out, some in our group went out to it via kayaks. This is why I prefer Maya Key (Fins and Flippers), walk out on the pier, step in, and start snorkeling:p

Enjoy what ever you do!

Sandy

cruisebunny:

I am a familiy of 5 and Fins and Flippers is $125 more for our family over Turquise Bay.

Would you thnk it is worth another $125?

Also, is there a gradual incline to the water from the beach? The pictures look like you have to take a ladder down???

When you (or others) went to Turquoise Bay, did you have an umbrella and chairs?

We don't dock until 10 am and by the time we get there, I still want to make sure we have chairs and umbrellas.

Thank you very much!

The Sante Wellness Spa provides a very unique opportunity. They have a small beach, a hot tub that sits on the ocean, a cooling pool, and a beautiful facility. (You can dive here as well as snorkle, although we did not do either.) The spa services are less than half the price of what they have on the ship. It is incredibly romantic--they will do side by side massages. My husband is not a spa type person--but he loved this place and got a fantastic healing treatment for his back. There are wide proches with hammocks and they will cook you a fresh fish lunch with wine. Go to their web site and check it out. I realize you said you did not want services--but this place is indeed unique.

yoyocruiser

The Sante Wellness Spa provides a very unique opportunity. They have a small beach, a hot tub that sits on the ocean, a cooling pool, and a beautiful facility. (You can dive here as well as snorkle, although we did not do either.) The spa services are less than half the price of what they have on the ship. It is incredibly romantic--they will do side by side massages. My husband is not a spa type person--but he loved this place and got a fantastic healing treatment for his back. There are wide proches with hammocks and they will cook you a fresh fish lunch with wine. Go to their web site and check it out. I realize you said you did not want services--but this place is indeed unique.

yoyocruiser

I checked out this site and loved it.

If I didn't have 3 teens with me, this would be my choice!

cruisebunny:

I am a familiy of 5 and Fins and Flippers is $125 more for our family over Turquise Bay.

Also, is there a gradual incline to the water from the beach? The pictures look like you have to take a ladder down???

When you (or others) went to Turquoise Bay, did you have an umbrella and chairs?

We don't dock until 10 am and by the time we get there, I still want to make sure we have chairs and umbrellas.

Thank you very much!

That is a tough call, $125 more is a lot. How will you get there? I was at the pier that did not have a charge to get to Fins and Flippers. It is a gradually slope, but there is coral and plants right away, so you only play in the sand at the edge.I guess it depends about the snorkeling. I really liked that my kids snorkeled right from the end of the pier. For this visit, shore snorkeling was my goal. The animals were fun to see and the monkey George was oh -so-sweet, but you have to spray everyone well with bug spray right away and after you get out of the water. George loves velcro. Both settings are pretty.

Sandy

cruisebunny:

Thank you very much!

Chairs, I can not remember umbrellas, but probably:o

Sandy

Chairs, I can not remember umbrellas, but probably:o

Sandy

Thank you.

I'll talk to my dh tonight.

Both places (Turquiose Bay and F&F supply the transportation, I thought I read).

That is why F&F is $30 but with transportation, comes to $50.

I've e-mailed TB twice to ask about the chairs (and umbrellas but chairs is our main concern) and haven't heard back from them.

Once I hear back, I'll make my decision.

I have two 16 year old girls and one 12 year old son with me.

Which would you (and others) suggest and why?

Thanks so much!!!

Archived