What is the process at Pt. Everglades?

mollybax

I haven't cruised in years and never out of Pt. Everglades. Can someone give me a quick run-down on the process/procedure? Do you drive up and drop bags off or park then carry bags up? Several people have mentioned that porters come up and grab your bags, where do they take them?

Thanks,

MollyBax:)

The last time we were at Port Everglades (about two years ago, but we will be there in March 2010) you drove up to the luggage area and offloaded your luggage to a porter, and then drove over to the garage. Once we walked back from the garage and another time we were further from the ship we took the shuttle (free). It was that way for several cruises, and I double it has changed.

I haven't cruised in years and never out of Pt. Everglades. Can someone give me a quick run-down on the process/procedure? Do you drive up and drop bags off or park then carry bags up? Several people have mentioned that porters come up and grab your bags, where do they take them?

Thanks,

The porters will take your bags from you when you stop in front of the terminal. At this point give your porter a tip and then drive your car across the street to the parking garage. Keep your carry-on luggage with you. There is a pedway from the parking garage back to the terminal. You will then stand in line to check in, go through security and then go to a waiting area until your number is called to board the ship. If you board prior to 1:30 when the cabins will be ready, you will be directed to the

Lido where you can enjoy a lunch while you wait for your cabin. Boarding starts around 11:30AM.

Your luggage will arrive at some point in the afternoon and may even be in your cabin when you first go to it. You should have plenty of time to unpack before lifeboat drill around 4:15 PM

Thank you for the replies. Then I assume I need to have my Holland luggage tags on the bags prior to the porters taking them?

Yes-----and if you don't like the paper "print em yourself" type tags that come with your e-docs, the porters will have some of the older more durable plasticized ones on hand when you drop off your bags. Just have a marker handy and put your name and cabin number on them.

You can put on your HAL tags that you have down-loaded from your computer OR you can get the luggage tags right at the pier from the porters -- they have lots of them and it only takes a couple of minutes to do them there.

Then you can drive over to the garage and walk back over to the terminal with your carry-ons.

Now you asked what happens to your luggage after you give them to the porters. Well the porters load lots of bags and take them inside to be exrayed before being loaded onto crates which are then loaded onto the ship.

Boarding does begin a round 11:30.

You sound like you have cruised on HAL before.

If so you can go either to the dining room for lunch or to the Lido. The dining room is a new option on all ships for all Mariners.

Luggage will arrive sometime in the afternoon.

Many times we have gone to the lifeboat drill (4:15) and our luggage arrived afterwards -- about 4:45 - 5 PM.

Since it's been a while since your last cruise,have your passports and cruise DOC's ready when entering the port area.They will check them at the security gate before you get into the port area.The line gets a little long sometimes so get there a bit early.Mike.

Since it's been a while since your last cruise,have your passports and cruise DOC's ready when entering the port area.They will check them at the security gate before you get into the port area.The line gets a little long sometimes so get there a bit early.Mike.

We always take a taxi to the pier from the hotel.

Sometimes the line is long -- other times -- short.

All we have ever had to show the last couple of years are our passports. Taxi driver just showed his driver's license and special permit to enter the port.

Archived