Welcome Aboard Show Question

The welcome aboard show is clearly something that The Oasis is struggling with, they try to place it in 2 locations, Opus Theatre and Sudio B or Aqua Theatre ( depending on the weather ). The intention is to "Live Link" the 2 areas, but it really does not work. Often with only a smaller crowd in each area and therefore it lacks atmosphere. I think that they should stick to the main theatre, and when that is full use the close by Studio B as an overflow and relay the "Ice Show" bit into the main area. It is hard to describe but trust me out of the various welcome aboard shows that I saw, non of them gave me the "Wow, this is going to be a great week feeling"

Although The Oasis is in fact the most exciting ship that anyone could be on, the entertainment is amazing, people should not miss any of the main shows. Although the 10.00pm time slot does not fit in well with the MDR second seating, with many people missing dessert to get to a show, and then feeling that service was slow.

The later shows should start at 10.30. It is alright the CD advising people to arrange dining around the shows, but this does not work as often it is not possible to book a precise dining time (in the alternatives areas ) due to them being fully booked.

Royal have tried this new system of booking speciality dining and shows on line before a cruise, in principal this could work, but it does not. We need to be offered a weekly planner, showing all show times and dining options on one chart. We could then schedule a full week and make one payment for any paid options we choose. Everyone should be aware that it is essential to prebook speciality dining, otherwise choices will be restricted.

I am trying to plan my first day and I am not sure about the Welcome Aboard Show. Is just like all of the other RCCL Ship Welcome Aboard Shows? Do they provide any insight into the rest of the week that you would not get from the Compass? Thanks.

Archived