When Will the 2 formal nights be?

Chowder_17

Will it be the 2 sea days? This is on the Legend.

Sun, Feb 7: Tampa, FL

Mon, Feb 8: Fun Day at Sea

Tues, Feb 9: Grand Cayman

Wed, Feb 10: Cozumel

Thurs, Feb 11: Belize

Fri, Feb 12: Roatan

Sat, Feb 13: Fun Day at Sea

Sun, Feb 14: Tampa, FL

Mon, Feb 8: Fun Day at Sea 1st cruise elegant night

Fri, Feb 12: Roatan USUALLY the 2nd cruise elegant night

If I am mistaken on this ship, I am sure someone will correct.

Mon, Feb 8: Fun Day at Sea

Fri, Feb 12: Roatan

Formal nights have been eliminated fleetwide a year ago.New dress code is in place and you can now wear shorts to dinner almost every night.Check the website for the new code.

Steve

Formal nights have been eliminated fleetwide a year ago.New dress code is in place and you can now wear shorts to dinner almost every night.Check the website for the new code.

Steve

Just from the carnival website: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Formal_nights_in_the_Dining_Room.aspx

not sure where you got your info from.

Steve

Why must you give inaccurate info like that :confused:....CCL has guidelines , but of course many passengers will not follow the dress codes, nor will the cruiseline enforce them it seems !

Per CCL:

What to Wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Special Sailings

For Canada/New England/Alaska cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas.

For South America and Europe cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. Bring a sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Special note: It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites (no bare legs or shoulders).

But to state it is has been eliminated is really not accurate at all ! ;)

And to make things even worse... you did not even answer the OP's question regarding what nights the "Cruise Elegant" nights were !

You have this thing about correcting everyone in the verbage of the formal nights, now referred to as cruise elegant nights by CCL....

Whats your problem ? Rather than correcting someone, how about assisting them with an answer to their question instead ?

Just from the carnival website: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Formal_nights_in_the_Dining_Room.aspx

not sure where you got your info from.

You go with what you are comfortable with and dress to the "9's" if you like as many a passenger will do. The formal attires is not as it was in the past regarding passengers wearing, but there will be plenty of folks making the most out of their cruise INCLUDING dressing up on those "Cruise Elegant" nights ! :D

Enjoy your cruise and take advantage of those greast photo ops while you are dressed at your best ! :)

If I am mistaken on this ship, I am sure someone will correct.

Thanks for all the info! It seems that you are correct about which formal--I mean cruise elegant nights ;) are. I saw some recent capers that show those nights. Thanks again! Happy cruising!

Why must you give inaccurate info like that :confused:....CCL has guidelines , but of course many passengers will not follow the dress codes, nor will the cruiseline enforce them it seems !

Per CCL:

What to Wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Special Sailings

For Canada/New England/Alaska cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas.

For South America and Europe cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. Bring a sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Special note: It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites (no bare legs or shoulders).

But to state it is has been eliminated is really not accurate at all ! ;)

And to make things even worse... you did not even answer the OP's question regarding what nights the "Cruise Elegant" nights were !

You have this thing about correcting everyone in the verbage of the formal nights, now referred to as cruise elegant nights by CCL....

Whats your problem ? Rather than correcting someone, how about assisting them with an answer to their question instead ?

What inaccurate info? I told them Formal nights are gone,shorts are now allowed almost every evening and to check the website. What part of this is not 100% correct?

OP had no question on "Elegant nights" you are making that part up.

The Verbage of Formal nights? If they are still there,then why call them Elegant nights?:rolleyes: My whole purpose is for new cruisers to not think that they need to purchase or dress up in Formal attire because some people and I assume you are one of them think they are hot stuff strutting around the decks and they want everyone else to be part of their fantasy look at me me dress up game, when in fact they will probably seem more out of place if they do dress in tuxes and ball gowns.

Read this recent thread on how many are leaving the dress to the nines clothes at home. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116035

<<<<<Whats your problem ? Rather than correcting someone, how about assisting them with an answer to their question instead>>>>>

I have no problem with accepting the new guidelines and telling them when the formal nights are,but that would not be assisting them with an answer because the formal nights are gone.Its verbage which defines all the technical and legal things of our society.

Again, where am I wrong in what I posted? Its you who have given out the wrong info.Why couldn't you have told them that they are replaced with Elegant nights? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steve

What inaccurate info? I told them Formal nights are gone,shorts are now allowed almost every evening and to check the website. What part of this is not 100% correct?

OP had no question on "Elegant nights" you are making that part up.

The Verbage of Formal nights? If they are still there,then why call them Elegant nights?:rolleyes: My whole purpose is for new cruisers to not think that they need to purchase or dress up in Formal attire because some people and I assume you are one of them think they are hot stuff strutting around the decks and they want everyone else to be part of their fantasy look at me me dress up game, when in fact they will probably seem more out of place if they do dress in tuxes and ball gowns.

Read this recent thread on how many are leaving the dress to the nines clothes at home. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116035

<<<<<Whats your problem ? Rather than correcting someone, how about assisting them with an answer to their question instead>>>>>

I have no problem with accepting the new guidelines and telling them when the formal nights are,but that would not be assisting them with an answer because the formal nights are gone.Its verbage which defines all the technical and legal things of our society.

Again, where am I wrong in what I posted? Its you who have given out the wrong info.Why couldn't you have told them that they are replaced with Elegant nights? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steve

That is so true. One word can change everything.

The language of the old code and the new code show a big difference now.

Steve, you're out of line! You, nor anyone else, can possibly know what motivates someone to dress up for any occasion. There are two evenings on a seven day cruise on which the dress code is upscale. It does not matter whether it's called formal, elegant, or some other term.

Steve, you're out of line! You, nor anyone else, can possibly know what motivates someone to dress up for any occasion. There are two evenings on a seven day cruise on which the dress code is upscale. It does not matter whether it's called formal, elegant, or some other term.

You are right,but what would be ones infatuation with trying to get everyone to dress in Formal attire like the old code stated when a new non Formal code is now in place.

It is the dissemination of wrong info that has new cruisers confused.There is even a posting today from a new cruiser,their 1st post to be exact,about their childrens clothes being too casual.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22633403&postcount=12

The days of the Formal attire are gone and so many new cruisers are under the impression they need to dress up,when they don't.

Steve

Archived