Carnival Dream vs RCCL Freedom of the Seas

bailey1999

Hello! A very inexperienced cruiser here with my first post! My husband and I have been on one cruise (Carnival Imagination) in 1998 for our honeymoon. We would now like to take our two children (ages 9 and 7) this fall. Based on our dates of travel and the ships available, we feel we have narrowed it down to either the Carnival Dream or Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. Any comments on which might be the better choice?

Most here won't be shocked to see me recommend Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. This ship is specifically good for that aged child because of the rock climbing wall, flow rider (surf simulator - pending on how tall your 7 and 9 year old is) mini golf, ice skating rink, H20 zone water park for kids, sports pool, parades through the promenade, Ben & Jerrys, Johnny Rockets and for the adults -- the Adult only Solarium with pool and cantilevered hot tubs which is like heaven on Earth for me

The Dreams recent reviews haven't been good - actually - there has been a strong sewar smell on some of the decks. Which is normal for cruise ships. But I guess it was enough to get some guests to step off in port not get back on (fly home)

The Dream does have 4 slides and a kick butt looking toilet bowl slide. :)

I would have to say go with Carnival Dream. I have cruised on that line & on NCL with my children (ages 9 & 16 at the time). We cruised last year during spring break on a 3 day to the Bahamas and they had a wonderful time. They did a late night party with my 9 year old, which he had the best time!

You should be able to qualify for a discount and will get invited to the Captain's Reception since you have cruised on Carnival before.

Just remember to have fun & enjoy whichever one you choose!

Archived