Just off Wonder - Anyone else get sick?

ilovetexas

To bring this somewhat current and on topic, I was on the Wonder the week before Christmas (2010 :) ), and lots of us wound up sick with a respiratory bug. Not fun, but much preferable to the stomach bugs!!!

i hv worked in both food service/ and in patient care hospitals. what i did noticed while on wonder was the dinner service prep stations near ur assigned table. these tables do not hv sinks nor i did see one. what i did notice was service removing ur dirty dishes and disposing food into dump bins, but same station is used when ur next entree/course arrive. so ur server will bust ur food scrape it off and then get ur next meal out to u!!! even refill ur bread basket or top off ur coffee/drinks... YUCK YUCK !!!!! :mad:so how would u like it knowing ur server didnt wash their hands from ur neighbors table and then serve u yours???????? i did not see any handwashing between entrees. ....i did comment this on paper survey at the end of the cruise. in hospitals we sanitize hands between each patient. i probably wash hands 50+ times a day during a shift.

• 3 weeks later...

Since everyone seems to have "refound" this thread a year later, I'll say this; I got in touch with Disney several months later and they gave us a partial credit of the cruise fare to use within one calendar year on another cruise. We probably won't be able to do another Disney this year, but it was at least nice that they offered.

Again, loved the ship, entertainment was great, food was great, etc. etc. Just had bad weather, sick kids, and some sub-par service. Believe me, if I had the extra bucks, I'd be back on Wonder right now:)

Since everyone seems to have "refound" this thread a year later, I'll say this; I got in touch with Disney several months later and they gave us a partial credit of the cruise fare to use within one calendar year on another cruise. We probably won't be able to do another Disney this year, but it was at least nice that they offered.

Again, loved the ship, entertainment was great, food was great, etc. etc. Just had bad weather, sick kids, and some sub-par service. Believe me, if I had the extra bucks, I'd be back on Wonder right now:)

Why not contact DCL and ask them to extend the offer? Not saying they will, but it certainly can't hurt to ask! Seems to me that DCL clearly wanted a chance to show you they can offer you a better cruise experience than you got last time. It should not matter much if you get that next year instead.....

Archived