wedding

Does anyone know if weddings can be performed on the Legend of the Sea sailing out of San Diego? I need to book today - we're planning a cruise very short notice due to military obligations. Can anyone help?

Yes, they can. You'll have to go through the Royal Romance Department of Royal Caribbean, and you have to get married while the ship is at port, and not at sea. Call Royal Caribbean at 1-800-327-6700.

Hi, Lastof4 -

When are you planning on cruising? My husband and I were planning on a wedding cruise in 2000. We had booked our cruise months in advance but a few months before (I think it was 4) we decided to check into getting married aboard ship. Well, there were no more available times. Don't get discouraged. We ended up getting married on the beach in Jamaica (which we absolutely loved). If the ship isn't available, check to see if there are placed that will handle everything for you at one of your ports of call. We checked on the web and found a company called Weddings in Jamaica. I'm sure there are places like that all over. They handled everything for us (the marriage licence, pastor, flowers, cake, and champagne at a real reasonable price). Congrats on your upcoming wedding and cruise! Take care,

Bev

Legend - Panama Canal - 10/17

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Where The Ocean Meets The Sky I'll Be Sailing!!!!!

Past Cruises:

Majesty OTS - 06/1999

Splendour OTS - 11/2000

Radiance OTS - 05/2001

Radiance OTS - 09/2001

Infinity (Celebrity) - 10/2002

Our daughter was married in San Diego two years ago on an RCI ship. The minister was from San Diego. We were able to board early, and some family who weren't cruising were able to board for the ceremony. It was a lovely occasion up in the Crown Room (or whatever - the lounge on top of the ship). We picked up the cake in a bakery in San Diego where she had ordered it. The ship also provided a cake, and a ship's photographer was there for pictures, and followed them around for different poses later.

Nancy

Archived