The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We always stay at the Best Western and always use Cocoa Beach Shuttle we have always been very pleased with there service, I read some bad reports about the shuttle service last year but we certainly had no problems with them and our party was happy to book them again for our cruise this year.

We always stay at the Best Western and always use Cocoa Beach Shuttle we have always been very pleased with there service, I read some bad reports about the shuttle service last year but we certainly had no problems with them and our party was happy to book them again for our cruise this year.

Thanks Jenrie!

09/26/2010 CARNIVAL PRIDE

01/04/2009 COSTA FORTUNA

11/09/2008 CARNIVAL LEGEND

10/20/2007 CARNIVAL GLORY

10/28/2006 CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

12/05/2004 CARNIVAL MIRACLE

10/29/2000 PARADISE

10/01/1998 TROPICALE

01/17/1997 ECSTASY

09/29/1995 ECSTASY

Sorry Preston, I contacted Cocoa Beach & Beachline 'cause I was told that's who shuttles the above motel's guests. That's when they said they could pick us up earlier that scheduled times that they would normally stop at the motels. (Except for Luna Sea.) I believe Cocoa Beach shuttle picks up at BW, Days Inn & LaQuinta, Beachline picks up at Comfort Inn. With the reviews I've read, I feel like they we just saying what I wanted to hear. Reference the Luna Sea, both said 'no problem' picking up at 9:30. Do you know how reliable the shuttles companies are?

I will call Yellow but I don't know who B&H is?

Thanks again - Steve & Linda

Steve, you can drop Michael a note at viplimo@screenstar.com and ask him also what he would charge - just another suggestion on transportation

Got cruise booked. Hotel (CI&S) booked. Rental car booked. Post - cruise transportation booked. FunPass complete. Guess I should start making payments on the cruise now...

DW decided we could live with the Comfort Inn & Suites as opposed to the Country Inn & Suites and have $80 in our pockets. She also decided to pay the cruise off instead of making payments....

DW decided we could live with the Comfort Inn & Suites as opposed to the Country Inn & Suites and have $80 in our pockets. She also decided to pay the cruise off instead of making payments....

Thats what I would do and now you can walk out on the beach!

Does the Radisson not offer free parking for a cruise anymore? I saw that they offer cruise packages now that are about $30 more per night.

I just received this email about the update at the Radisson - sorreeeeeeee but it appears it is coming to an end in May.

Hello Shirley

I want to update you on what the Radisson Resort at the Port is doing effective May 1 2011. Because of new charges (from the Canaveral Port Authority) for commercial passenger vehicles entering the cruise terminals and continued raising operating costs, Radisson will no longer be offering free shuttle and parking to all guests. Free shuttle and parking will still be available as part of our Park and Cruise packages. For guests that choose another rate, there will an option (at a charge) to add parking and shuttle once they arrive at the Resort. Any reservations that have been made prior to May 1, 2011 will be given free parking and shuttle to the Port per our current marketing message – regardless of arrival date.

Also

Beginning Monday April 18, 2011 the Radisson will be selling non hotel guest parking and shuttle to the Port. The cost of this will be $6.99 Daily. We believe this will be a great alternative to the Ports charge of $15 per day, for the folks that live locally and are cruising.

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

I just received this email about the update at the Radisson - sorreeeeeeee but it appears it is coming to an end in May.

Hello Shirley

I want to update you on what the Radisson Resort at the Port is doing effective May 1 2011. Because of new charges (from the Canaveral Port Authority) for commercial passenger vehicles entering the cruise terminals and continued raising operating costs, Radisson will no longer be offering free shuttle and parking to all guests. Free shuttle and parking will still be available as part of our Park and Cruise packages. For guests that choose another rate, there will an option (at a charge) to add parking and shuttle once they arrive at the Resort. Any reservations that have been made prior to May 1, 2011 will be given free parking and shuttle to the Port per our current marketing message – regardless of arrival date.

Also

Beginning Monday April 18, 2011 the Radisson will be selling non hotel guest parking and shuttle to the Port. The cost of this will be $6.99 Daily. We believe this will be a great alternative to the Ports charge of $15 per day, for the folks that live locally and are cruising.

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

I guess I am not surprised with the new Park and Cruise up the road. Based on what I hear Joe better invest in more shuttles. It seems I have read it has been a sore spot with Radisson guests. Most park and cruise or park and fly customers are use to a constant stream of shuttles even if they are not full.

I wonder now that we have two places for non hotel customers to stay if rooms will be a little less full. They may be trading one night with over $100 in revenue for $49.00 parking revenue.

I guess I am not surprised with the new Park and Cruise up the road. Based on what I hear Joe better invest in more shuttles. It seems I have read it has been a sore spot with Radisson guests. Most park and cruise or park and fly customers are use to a constant stream of shuttles even if they are not full.

I wonder now that we have two places for non hotel customers to stay if rooms will be a little less full. They may be trading one night with over $100 in revenue for $49.00 parking revenue.

Preston, I did address the shuttle problem with Joe, but haven't heard back and I also agree on the lost revenue.

I suspect other hotels will also be joining the cruise and park for non guest - guess it is now a wait and see situation :(

Preston, I did address the shuttle problem with Joe, but haven't heard back and I also agree on the lost revenue.

I suspect other hotels will also be joining the cruise and park for non guest - guess it is now a wait and see situation :(

I know its already crowded shuttle situation.

We (family of 5 adults) will be staying at the Marriott Residence Inn and need to rent a car big enough for us with all the luggage. Can someone help me with the size vehicle I will need and which rental agencies are located in the airport?

Also, can someone tell me the closest rental agency to the Marriott? Looks like it is Avis..is that correct? Are they o.k. to deal with? A little nervous about using codes so don't what to do there. This is my last to-do item so anxious to check it off my list! Thanks so much.

We (family of 5 adults) will be staying at the Marriott Residence Inn and need to rent a car big enough for us with all the luggage. Can someone help me with the size vehicle I will need and which rental agencies are located in the airport?

Also, can someone tell me the closest rental agency to the Marriott? Looks like it is Avis..is that correct? Are they o.k. to deal with? A little nervous about using codes so don't what to do there. This is my last to-do item so anxious to check it off my list! Thanks so much.

All of the companies here are easy to deal with, this is a small town. Don't let their location be a deciding factor as they are all close to the hotel. We have Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar and Enterprise. Depending on how much luggage you are bringing maybe a mini van might do the trick.

Getting close to 100k hits. Shirley I guess we have helped a few cruisers! 3 weeks from tomorrow I am off to my next adventure!

Preston this thread has been amazing and I know for sure has helped so many - what a great adventure it appears that you are heading to - where will you be leaving from and for how long?

Wishing you all the best and thanks for always being there to help so many

Hugsssssssssss

Preston this thread has been amazing and I know for sure has helped so many - what a great adventure it appears that you are heading to - where will you be leaving from and for how long?

Wishing you all the best and thanks for always being there to help so many

Hugsssssssssss

My daughter and I leave 5-11 and will be flying to Madrid where we will spend a few days in Spain before getting on an RCL cruise ship headed to Italy and France. 2 weeks of fun!

I am cruising at the end of June and we return on July 3. Our flight home isn't until almost 7pm at night so I would rather not do a shuttle. I would like to rent a car - like we are doing the Saturday before the cruise. But what I am finding is that the price going from the cape to the airport is much higher than going from the airport to the cape. Both are one-way rentals, but it seems from the cape to airport, many charge a $40 one way fee. Does anyone know a way around this fee or if the fee has been waived before. It is ridiculous that the car rate is $38/day, but with taxes and FEES, the total is $90!! Going to the port, I was able to get Hertz for $61.98 including taxes and fees.

Thanks.

I am cruising at the end of June and we return on July 3. Our flight home isn't until almost 7pm at night so I would rather not do a shuttle. I would like to rent a car - like we are doing the Saturday before the cruise. But what I am finding is that the price going from the cape to the airport is much higher than going from the airport to the cape. Both are one-way rentals, but it seems from the cape to airport, many charge a $40 one way fee. Does anyone know a way around this fee or if the fee has been waived before. It is ridiculous that the car rate is $38/day, but with taxes and FEES, the total is $90!! Going to the port, I was able to get Hertz for $61.98 including taxes and fees.

Thanks.

Can you be more specific? I have only heard of Dollar doing this and only sometime. We also have Avis, Budget, and Enterprise.

I just went to Avis and punched in your date 7-3 returning 7-4 ( know you are returning the same day but the system likes it better if you show 24 hours) and got a full size car for $31.00.

Can you be more specific? I have only heard of Dollar doing this and only sometime. We also have Avis, Budget, and Enterprise.

I just went to Avis and punched in your date 7-3 returning 7-4 ( know you are returning the same day but the system likes it better if you show 24 hours) and got a full size car for $31.00.

If I put in Cape Canaveral as rental point and MCO as return point. Pick up 7-3 at 10am and return 7-4 at 9am, the price is $79.99 :confused: Same price for pick up 7-3 at 10am and return 7-3 at 4pm. I think the problem is that it is a one-way rental.

Oh, and yes, it was Dollar that was charging the $40 one way rental fee. The others seem to have it already built into their base price. Dollar's rental is $48 for the day, plus $40 one way fee, plus tax, where as Hertz is a straight $79 rental for the day, no fee, plus tax.

Getting close to 100k hits. Shirley I guess we have helped a few cruisers! 3 weeks from tomorrow I am off to my next adventure!

Here's to the BEST port site on the board & to the two people making it so. Thanks and hats off to Preston & Shirley!:)

I appreciate so much the efforts that have gone into the plethora of information in this thread. Thank you, PSBCAP!

I have a question about car rental shuttle procedure. I have seen the recommendation to drop my family off at the pier and then return the rental car and take the shuttle back to the port. Will the shuttle not take my famly and our luggage? Not sure I want to split up.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Oh, and yes, it was Dollar that was charging the $40 one way rental fee. The others seem to have it already built into their base price. Dollar's rental is $48 for the day, plus $40 one way fee, plus tax, where as Hertz is a straight $79 rental for the day, no fee, plus tax.

I found out why. Take a minute to join their Wizard program and the rate will drop to what I saw.

I appreciate so much the efforts that have gone into the plethora of information in this thread. Thank you, PSBCAP!

I have a question about car rental shuttle procedure. I have seen the recommendation to drop my family off at the pier and then return the rental car and take the shuttle back to the port. Will the shuttle not take my famly and our luggage? Not sure I want to split up.

Thanks again for all of your help!

You can do it either way and I for one would only make one trip into the port and that is on the shuttle with my family and bags.

Shirley and Preston-Need your help please! :p

We are porting out next Saturday and currently have reservations at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral on Friday the 29th. Due to the shuttle taking off that day I know that traffic is going to be really bad. My mom and family live in St Cloud and they are driving over to meet us for dinner in Melbourne at 6:30. My question is do you think the traffic will get to the point that we won't be able to leave our hotel and make it to Melbourne on time? We also thought about watching the shuttle take off from behind Ron Jon's and then heading to Melbourne, but was wondering if we would be running into the same situation there too?? Where would be a good place to see the shuttle and be able to make it in to Melbourne by 6:30? Would it be best if we booked a room in Melbourne Beach instead and then just drove to the port the next morning?? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks :D:D:D