Are the pools heated??

eng4

The hot tubs are toasty!!!

I can attest to that one....well kind of.

I was on a 4 day cruise on the Elation Dec starting 14th. I decided one day to check out the hot tubs on the Serenity deck. It turned out to be a kind of a 'Goldilocks' experience. The first one I got into was hotter than Hades - seriously. My legs looked like uncooked pork when I got out. I think I managed all of 8 minutes in it. The second hot tub was tepid. I said in it for about 15 minutes before I decided that it felt like a hot bath that had turned cool. Now granted it was very early in the day, so maybe the second one would have been warmer a couple of hours later.

However, to answer the OP's question directly, I did not try the swimming pools, but from what I have read on this board, they are not heated - and they are drained and refilled daily with seawater. I did put my hand in one pool and it wasn't warm (by my wimpy California standards) so I'm figuring the pool gets warmed by the sun as the day goes on. In winter time (when I went) that doesn't mean much. There were lots of people swimming in the pools regardless - so I think its really up to the swimmer in the end.

I don't know about Miracle, but one pool on Spirit is heated - at least when it is in Alaska.

Not to hijack this thread, but that is nice to know about the Spirit going to Alaska, as I will be doing the CC Group cruise Sept. Warm pool is better than no pool :p

Thanks for posting that!

Archived