Texas Hold Em tournament

Simru12

Hi All,

I'm on the Navigator in a few weeks, and noticed in the Compasses that someone posted that there is a Texas Hold 'Em tournament sometime during the cruise.

My question is do they use that electronic table that sits 7 or 8 people, or is it a real card tournament?

Thanks

Don't know about Navigator, but it was with a live dealer on Serenade last July. Here is a link to a thread where I asked the same question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=999591

p.s. the "restricted" buy-ins wern't very "restricted". The ones who won each night seemed to be the ones who did the most "buy-ins" throughout the game.

Don't know about Navigator, but it was with a live dealer on Serenade last July. Here is a link to a thread where I asked the same question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=999591

Thanks for the link. Answered my questions. Do you remember if there were any cash prizes as well? (Either in each round or the final?). And also, if you DO win the seat at the Grand Tournament in December, is the cruise cost included in that, or just the table buy-in?

Thanks again

Thanks for the link. Answered my questions. Do you remember if there were any cash prizes as well? (Either in each round or the final?). And also, if you DO win the seat at the Grand Tournament in December, is the cruise cost included in that, or just the table buy-in?

Thanks again

No problem, don't remember what the final prize was but there was one and it think it depends on how many entrants there are). Also, there wasn't enough players (don't remember how many they needed) for all of the rounds @ our cruise to qualify for entry in the Grand Tournament, but it is my understanding that it includes a 2 person cabin (I think it was for a ocean view) + the buy-in for the tournament.

Archived