Dress warm if your cruising out of Tampa

bajathree

Back to normal temps, Sunday- 50's to 70's.

Anything above 40 will feel like a heat wave right about now...lol...but yes....it's suppossed to warm back up a bit for the weekend but the trade off is rain...better than cold though I guess.....just don't go looking for much anything being green....we look like NJ right now:rolleyes:

So far this has been a terrible winter for Fl....either it's been cold and sunny or mild and rainy.....not been your typical Fl weather at all:(

After the hot, muggy, long summer, we're loving it. We have our balcony door open, getting fresh air, no AC, power bill way down.

OTOH, we do feel bad for any tourists that are here this and last week. Sorry!

Hey do you ever watch Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel? He just went to Sarasota and did a hot wings challenge...couldn't get past two wings and he's eaten some of the hottest food around. I'm DYING to try them. :)

Hey do you ever watch Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel? He just went to Sarasota and did a hot wings challenge...couldn't get past two wings and he's eaten some of the hottest food around. I'm DYING to try them. :)

I don't know how the MvF guy does it. Must be a glutton (pun intended) for punishment.

Back to the weather, Florida is so unpredictable in Jan and Feb. One things for sure it's been a strange winter. So much for global warming? :rolleyes:

Never seen the show. Do you remember what restaurant it was?

Never heard of those but have you tried the Atomic Wings at Quaker Steak & Lube? You have to sign a release just to buy them!

Not too many of those wings though... if you want to wear that dress on the next cruise!

Freddy (isn't that what you call me?)

Never seen the show. Do you remember what restaurant it was?

No, that's the problem. :( I'll have to catch the rerun.

I don't know how the MvF guy does it. Must be a glutton (pun intended) for punishment.

I did the indian curry challenge in NYC after he did it. My sister and I finished the dish in 25 minutes! :) (I was pretty dizzy afterwards, lol)

Back to the weather, Florida is so unpredictable in Jan and Feb. One things for sure it's been a strange winter. So much for global warming?

Global warming can suck it. I'm freezing to death in NY this winter. I can't even imagine living in the midwest.

Never heard of those but have you tried the Atomic Wings at Quaker Steak & Lube? You have to sign a release just to buy them!

Not too many of those wings though... if you want to wear that dress on the next cruise!

Freddy (isn't that what you call me?)

Hey welcome back, Freddy!

I did see him talk about the atomic wings on the show. I'd like to try them. We had to sign a release to do the Indian challenge as well. AND he did a hot wing challenge in Brooklyn and my sister wants to go there but I told her to wait until my show closes...they ARE deadly fattening.

And this thread has now been hijacked. SORRY OP!! :(

I think the place was called the Salty Dog in Sarasota.

Global warming can suck it. I'm freezing to death in NY this winter. I can't even imagine living in the midwest.

Amybeth, you say it to succinctly! Tell us how you really feel. :D Last weekend, we had 58 straight hours below freezing in Dallas! And about 4 inches of snow since the day before Christmas.

If that's the case then I don't get it???

Nothing wrong with Old Salty Dog. In fact couple of young ladies I know work there. One at the Siesta Key location, the other at the City Island location. It's your fried fish, hamburger, island paradise place, but nothing special.

That said, I really don't think their hot wings are all that.

Here is the USA Today Snapshot in today's paper.

Florida colder than Alaska?

Low temperatures Monday morning in these two cities:

Juneau 26 degrees

Tampa 25 degrees :eek:

I lived in Tampa for almost seven years and fortunately only saw icicles once.

(Was it Munchies 420 Cafe in Sarasota? He's also been to Yoder's Amish Restaurant).

If that's the case then I don't get it???

Nothing wrong with Old Salty Dog. In fact couple of young ladies I know work there. One at the Siesta Key location, the other at the City Island location. It's your fried fish, hamburger, island paradise place, but nothing special.

That said, I really don't think their hot wings are all that.

No, no... nothing wrong... What we were referring to was this TV show (Man vs. Food) where this guy goes out and does these eating challenges. Supposedly, the Salty Dog has some kind of super hell-fire hot wings and the guy could only eat two. He broke out in a sweat after the first one.

Get some and let us know what you think.

It wasn't at the Old Salty Dog - he did a mystery challenge at Munchies 420 Café that turned out to be the hot wings. You can catch the press conference video here: http://www.travelchannel.com//TV_Shows/Man_V_Food/Video/Adams_Sarasota_Press_Conference - funny!!! :D

Yes it's cold in Florida, and yes we are whiners and proud of it!!! We moved away from New York to get away from the cold!!! :p:eek:

It wasn't at the Old Salty Dog - he did a mystery challenge at Munchies 420 Café that turned out to be the hot wings. You can catch the press conference video here: http://www.travelchannel.com//TV_Shows/Man_V_Food/Video/Adams_Sarasota_Press_Conference - funny!!! :D

Yes it's cold in Florida, and yes we are whiners and proud of it!!! We moved away from New York to get away from the cold!!! :p:eek:

You tell them Judy;):)

Amybeth, you say it to succinctly! Tell us how you really feel. :D Last weekend, we had 58 straight hours below freezing in Dallas! And about 4 inches of snow since the day before Christmas.

Ahhh yes, as per the quotes below yours, it was Munchies 420. Andrej, go get some! Like I said he's done plenty of hot foot challenges but this was the first time he couldn't do it. (He couldn't do the Bklyn one either, but he went back a year late and did it.) He stood in the refrigerator after eating 2 wings and was pouring milk down his throat.

lcguy, I've heard about what's going on in Dallas. I spent 2 years there and was pretty annoyed one winter (2006/2007) because it was always in the 30s. I was like *****?! :)

Another whining transplant here, in the 18 years i have been down here this is the longest cold stretch I can remember, it totally stinks. Never thought i would use the remote start option to defrost my car in Florida! fortunately i will be in the Caribbean next week and hoping for nice warm weather!! :D

I'm also a transplant living on the east coast near Daytona and about an hour from Port Canaveral. I hate this weather too. My husband had to scrape the ice off his windows this morning for the first time that I remember in 19 years. My northern friends laugh when I tell them I've been using my heated seats on the way to work in the mornings, but they are the best!

Another whining transplant here, in the 18 years i have been down here this is the longest cold stretch I can remember, it totally stinks. Never thought i would use the remote start option to defrost my car in Florida! fortunately i will be in the Caribbean next week and hoping for nice warm weather!! :D

And yet another transplant,,,been here 16yrs. and feel the same,,,and the problem down here is the heating system,,as soon as it goes off the house gets cooooold:eek:...I wait for our summers to be over so we can breathe some good fresh air,,but this is out of control:eek::eek:...

Archived