One way concentrator rentals?

ZellaLamb

We are considering taking a re-positioning cruise to Europe. My MIL would like to join us and she uses an oxygen concentrator. Does anyone know if you can rent these one way? We won't need it to fly home with.

Can you rent any medical equipment one way?

Thanks,

Kate

We are considering taking a re-positioning cruise to Europe. My MIL would like to join us and she uses an oxygen concentrator. Does anyone know if you can rent these one way? We won't need it to fly home with.

Can you rent any medical equipment one way?

Thanks,

Kate

Yes it can be done provide that the approved Cruise line's approved Rental Company will do it. Suggest you contact the Special Needs Department of the Cruise Line you are traveling. Request the name of their approved rental agent. Than ask your question directly of the rental company. That's always the best way to find out the most accurate information.

If you rent one of the portable concentrators such as Inogen One it would easy enough to fly home with it. They fit under the seat and do not count as a carry on. She may need it on the plane anyway. My doctor was concererned about cabin pressurization. I used one to Australia and back. Contact the airlines and they will provide you with forms to be filled in by your doctor.

If I have your post correctly, you are cruising TO Europe and flying home later. You only need the concentrator for the ship on the way over. (**My DH must have oxygen for flights as they only pressurize to 7,000 to 8,000 ft, which does not supply enough oxygen for someone who has emphysema).

With that said, we rent a concentrator from Oxygen To Go. They have the option of taking the shipping container with you and shipping home from there. It doesn't make sense to me to pay the extra shipping to send it home from Europe, but then again, if you stayed for another week, the rental cost would be much more than the extra shipping.

Archived