Upsell-What is a good deal to you??

gabbyisadog

I just wondered what you, loyal HAL, CC cruisers, consider a good deal on an upsell. Inside to Ocean view? Ov to Balcony? Balcony to suite? Suite ti Delux Veranda Suite. Please convert to a per day per cabin cost.

Thanks. Just thought it would be interesting to get your thoughts.

I'm guessing most people here would say free:D

But seriously, as a budget cruiser, my personal upsell limit would be an extra $25-35 dollars a day for an upgrade. That would be moving from OV to balcony.

Edit... oops.. that would be per person cost, not cabin.. so I guess my daily upsell limit per cabin would be 50-70 dollars.

I would never pay to upsell from an inside to an outside. I *like* inside cabins...they're so easy to air condition. :) This past summer, I was skeptical enough about free outside "upgrades" from my perfect inside solo cabin, I labelled my reservation "no upgrades".

If I don't have a balcony, I'm always willing to listen to a deal that will give me one. However I don't get excited about it one way or another.

But an upsell to a deluxe suite is the *jackpot*. If the offer is less than I would have paid originally for that cabin, it's a sweet deal.

On Friday (January 8) I received an up sell offer by email for a 33 day cruise. I had a guar. EE, for Cat CA (Lanai) a double was $500 a person and a solo $750. For a veranda it was $2,800 for both. This cruise leave March 8, for those needing a time frame.

I first did the upgrade to the Lanai (CA), then on Monday called back and upgraded to a VA. I was able to pick from the available cabins, I wanted an AFT. This amounted to slightly less than $85 a day. I figured there will be 30 days of good weather (warm) and it will be great having my own veranda. I am a solo, so I had to pay the $2,800.

I am thrilled I was offered the upgrade, my first upsell. I will be on a cruise next year through the Panama Canal both ways for 30 days. I booked a Lanai for that, and if offered an upgrade I wouldn't take it. The reason is, I can run from one side to the other. Now I will be talking to others in that category, depending what it looks like and what they say, I could change my mind, and just change my reservation to a window and save money. Then I would hope for an upgrade.

Archived