Dress code - Dream

Can anyone who's been on the other Thomson ships answer this question please. Going on Dream in July with hubby, 16 and 14 year old sons. I know about Captains night dress code, but will long shorts and tshirt be ok for my sons at breakfast? Also on a normal evening will jeans STYLE trousers in black be acceptable (not denim) with a shirt?

Can anyone who's been on the other Thomson ships answer this question please. Going on Dream in July with hubby, 16 and 14 year old sons. I know about Captains night dress code, but will long shorts and tshirt be ok for my sons at breakfast? Also on a normal evening will jeans STYLE trousers in black be acceptable (not denim) with a shirt?

We are on the Dream ourselves in August, having been on several Thomson's cruises on other ships.

The dress codes are fairly relaxed and nobody will say anything about shorts and t shirts at breakfast. In the evenings, the suggested dress (apart from formal night) is usually smart trousers and open neck shirt for men. That said, I've seen people wearing collar and tie and others wearing (horror!) shorts in the restaurant. Nobody is likely to say anything so I wouldn't worry.

I saw a chap refused entry into the Seven Seas (Destiny) in Aug 09.

He was wearing a pair of shorts and polo shirt.

He was asked to put a pair of trousers on.

Thomson Ships attire

Lido or equivalent - anything goes

Seven Seas (Main Restaurant)

Evening - Must be Trousers with Open Neck Shirt.

Day Time - You can wear shorts and Polo Shirt

We are on the Dream ourselves in August, having been on several Thomson's cruises on other ships.

The dress codes are fairly relaxed and nobody will say anything about shorts and t shirts at breakfast. In the evenings, the suggested dress (apart from formal night) is usually smart trousers and open neck shirt for men. That said, I've seen people wearing collar and tie and others wearing (horror!) shorts in the restaurant. Nobody is likely to say anything so I wouldn't worry.

Unlike some cruise lines like P and O where the formal nights say "all venues all night" so you are stuck in a suit and tie all night As VWGolf says it's quite relaxed, and if you don't want to dress up on that night you can eat in the buffet like we will be doing in April.

Done the dressing up in the past. We're on holiday we want to relax.

What you describe sounds OK.

Berwyn

Archived