Mexico DST - vs - US DST - Do I have this right?

tinabinab

I'm thinking about a private excursion in Cabo on March 17th, but I want to make sure I have the times right.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, or reassure me if I got it right. :)

The Elation will be on Pacific time, with DST "Spring forward" changes occuring on March 14th - the day before we sail. As I understand it, Cabo will not observe DST changes until April, so it will still be on todays current MST time until long after we say adios. So when we are there on March 17th, the ship time and Cabo time will be the same, right?

It's such a simple thing, but it's making my head hurt and I want to make sure I've got it right before I go and book this private excursion.

TIA!

I'm thinking about a private excursion in Cabo on March 17th, but I want to make sure I have the times right.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, or reassure me if I got it right. :)

The Elation will be on Pacific time, with DST "Spring forward" changes occuring on March 14th - the day before we sail. As I understand it, Cabo will not observe DST changes until April, so it will still be on todays current MST time until long after we say adios. So when we are there on March 17th, the ship time and Cabo time will be the same, right?

It's such a simple thing, but it's making my head hurt and I want to make sure I've got it right before I go and book this private excursion.

TIA!

You don't say what ship you are on and that does affect the answer anybody gives.

Your signature block seems to indicate that you will be on Elation. Elation is reported to keep it's ship's clock the same throughout its itinerary. Normally, this puts Cabo one hour ahead of ship's time. However, during the DST change period you indicated ... no change to ship's clocks equals a match between ship's time and Cabo local time.

Enjoy!

Archived