First time cruiser- Liberty

hammer000

My wife and I are doing the Eastern Exotic on the Liberty this February. My wife hasn't cruised in many years and it will be my first time ever! After doing some research on these boards, we chose this cruise because we thought the eastern itinerary was more laid back and relaxing, which is what we needed. It also seemed like the Liberty got a lot of positive feedback from many of you.

How's the panorama deck on this ship compared to other levels? What sort of nightly entertainment is there for a couple in their early thirty's. One person mentioned that the Liberty is one of the nicer ships in its class. Is that accurate?

Also, we would love to do zip lining in san Juan. Is it recommended to book the canopy tour with carnival, or book privately?

One thing i noticed on the Royal Caribbean boards is that they don't think much of Carnival! Pretty evident.

Thanks!

A lot of people who cruise Carnival make fun of RCL, it goes both ways, just ignore it. Meaningless jabber.

I dont know what people mean by Liberty is one of the nicer ships in its class? Maybe they meant a little newer, Conquest is the oldest in the class of course.

Panaroma deck would be nice, you want to get a cabin not over or above a noisy bar, or below the pool, between two cabin decks is safest. That deck would be convenient to everything. Less elevator time.

Archived