Best beach for college spring break

ajl5102

I am going with friends on a carnival cruise for spring break. We are all college seniors and were looking for a good beach to lounge at all day and drink. I was hoping some people could recommend a good place to go (playa mia, mr sanchos, etc...) to hang out for the day. We would preferebly like an AI. Also, would this need to be booked beforehand through the cruise/indepently or can we just take a taxi from the port and pay right at the beach?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

We just got back & did the Twister Boat to Isla Pasion (beach where Corona commercials were filmed). The boat ride was a blast. Beach is AI - think it was $69 through Carnival. Read on here that it wasn't much cheaper to book directly. You will get soaked on the boat (it was chilly the day we were there) but we still had a blast on it.

We just got back & did the Twister Boat to Isla Pasion (beach where Corona commercials were filmed). The boat ride was a blast. Beach is AI - think it was $69 through Carnival. Read on here that it wasn't much cheaper to book directly. You will get soaked on the boat (it was chilly the day we were there) but we still had a blast on it.

I saw that listed on Carnival's website and it seemed really fun. I am leaning towards this option now. After figuring in the price of a land AI plus the taxi ride, it would only be about $10 cheaper. However, taking a taxi allows for you to be in control of when you want to leave which may be beneficial. Did you feel you had enough time at the beach?

Mr. Sanchos most def! I did it last year on spring break (I was celebrating my 21st) and I drank and drank and drank and then my waiter poured a beer in a cup and gave it to me for the road. It only costs like 45 and you certainly can drink more than that!! :)

Archived