h/c room setup

WannaCruiseSoon

Ok I think my friend may actually get to cruise this year. :)

I already booked a H/C accessible cabin

I need to know how the room is setup

We are just friends therefore will need the beds separated.

Is there room in a h/c cabin for them to do this.

The ship is NCL Jewel

thanks in advance.

(I have posted in this forum before but the plans always fizzled since there were no h/c rooms available for my friend to go)

I need to know how the room is setup

We are just friends therefore will need the beds separated.

Is there room in a h/c cabin for them to do this.

The ship is NCL Jewel

thanks in advance.

(I have posted in this forum before but the plans always fizzled since there were no h/c rooms available for my friend to go)

Which cabin did you book? Some of them are large enough, others not so large. One of the not-so-large cabins actually has a large post running up and down through the cabin, near the door. It happened to be the cabin I booked -- it was a challenge to maneuver around the post in my wheelchair!

As for the bed -- If it is one big bed, it's about the size of a queen. My husband and I -- used to a standard double bed -- find the queen SO large we hardly know the other person is sleeping in there somewhere...so it may be that you and your friend will be all right.

Here are some other features of that cabin: no couch, but a moveable round table and chairs. No ramp over the balcony edge - -but there may have been a portable one available..we didn't ask (we didn't use the balcony). A ramp from the edge down onto the balcony, where there was a small round table and two chairs, all moveable.

A rather large bathroom. A ramp up into the bathroom, a drop-down shower seat, lots of grab bars. Lots of grab bars around the toilet. A pedestal sink, so someone in a wheelchair can roll right up and have their legs under the sink. A tiltable mirror over the sink. Several racks on the wall, suitable to use for toiletries and other bathroom items. An emergency cord near the toilet -- watch out for it because it's easy to get it entangled in clothing when using the toilet, and you could get some unexpected visitors...:o

An emergency call button on the phone.

Wide doorway entrance. We could move out of our cabin, through a doorway and into the lobby for the elevator, very convenient! (And no, there was no excessive noise. I think I heard the elevator "chime" once, in the middle of the night..otherwise it was quiet.)

I need to know how the room is setup Depends on the cabin.

We are just friends therefore will need the beds separated. Yes, The queen splits into 2 doubles/twins. If you booked directly with RCCL contact them and request that it be noted in your booking that the beds be set up as doubles in stead of the queen configuration. Otherwise contact your TA . In the event that you get on board and the bed is still set up a queen, just ask your cabin stewart to change it. They will gladly do this. Just let them know as soon as possible as it does take some time and they're very busy on boarding day.

Is there room in a h/c cabin for them to do this. Yes.

The ship is NCL Jewel

thanks in advance.

You have plenty of room. Don't worry just enjoy your trip.

You have plenty of room. Don't worry just enjoy your trip.

They are are NCL, on the Jewel, not RCCL...and if they are in the cabin I specifically talked about, while they COULD have the queen sized bed made up into two twins, then the person in a wheelchair, because of the post (which I also specifically talked about) WOULD NOT have "plenty of room", and so they DO need to "worry" about it.

So, original poster, please let us know which cabin on the NCL Jewel you booked, and then we'll better be able to tell you whether you have anything to worry about.

They are are NCL, on the Jewel, not RCCL...and if they are in the cabin I specifically talked about, while they COULD have the queen sized bed made up into two twins, then the person in a wheelchair, because of the post (which I also specifically talked about) WOULD NOT have "plenty of room", and so they DO need to "worry" about it.

When splitting the beds into twins, everyone only thinks of placing them parallel to each to other. You need to think out of the box , split the queen into doubles and place them in a "L" configuration. This allows for better efficiency and use of space. Even on the NCL Jewel.

When splitting the beds into twins, everyone only thinks of placing them parallel to each to other. You need to think out of the box , split the queen into doubles and place them in a "L" configuration. This allows for better efficiency and use of space. Even on the NCL Jewel.

On NCL ships some of the HC cabins come with NON splitable "queen" size beds. also some of them come with twin/cot sized beds affixed to opposite walls and with head at opposite directions. Cabin 10698 specifically since I was IN that one, those beds do NOT move.

So it is very important to know what you DO have and it is hard to find out, when I called NCL special needs and specifically asked about the cabin I have booked for my next cruise I was told it had two twin beds that could be put together. I then asked about 10698 and they assured me it was the same thing. I assured them it was not. They actually had to call the ship and speak to the steward to find out and it turns out that as I said 10698 had fixed beds and the 9208 which I have booked for my next cruise has a non devidable queen.

but you see when you call and ask all they do is look at the written description for the cabins in that class. So the info means NOTHING.

Archived