Calabaza Cruises

tovalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All I know is we have booked a cruise at the last minute. The turtle and ship wreck is hard to come by at this late date, and Calabaza emailed they were booked on the day I inquired about... Gina from Calabaza then gave us a recommendations for some other options, and we are going to be able to go. To me, being willing to recommend a competitor is EXTREMELY classy! I am impressed!

I would highly recommend the Calabaza excursion. We were on it last Novemeber and had a wonderful time. There are several good choices and we have been on others, but the Calabaza offers a personal touch that none of the others had. Gina is a marvelous host and she fixes some outstanding dishes and rum punch. I think remarks on this board and TripAdviser are very indicative of the class and value of the Calabaza. You will have a wonderful experience.

It sounds great. No prices posted on their website. How much was the lunch cruise 5 hrs?

I was quoted $100 per person by Gina yesterday for an upcoming cruise in November 2010. ;)

Here is my post from another thread (if you search Calabaza you will find lots of information):

We were in Barbados the last week of January 2010 and did the sail with Calabaza Sailing.

IT was an amazing day, one of our best tours ever. The cab driver that picked us up was early and very nice. He drove us to the catamaran once everyone was there. They only take a maximum of 12 people, but it is a large catamaran that could fit lots more. We saw a couple of catamarans out that day that only had a few people but they were tiny and didn't look comfortable.

We had 3 crew members. They fed us banana bread and these great fish ball things (didn't think I would like them but they were great) on our sail out.

They were always making sure we had everything we needed! The drinks were great and were always quickly brought to you. The lunch was also fabulous.

It was a bit windy the day we were out, so instead of going to the Paines bay turtle stop, which was crowded and windy we sailed all the way up the west end, to a very nice little cove like area with tons of turtles and less tours. The turtles were very tame and came right up to you and around you. It was almost impossible to not touch them. We loved this stop, it was great.

We then had another snorkel stop, I think the stops depend on the day and what is best. Again the stop was nice and calm and lots of fish and coral to see.

All in all it was a great day and I would highly recommend Calabaza to anyone!

Have a great cruise.

- Also, I believe $100 each sounds right and also tipped them since it was such a great day. They weren't pushy about tips at all. The tip jar was down under in the cabin and they were all up top when we got back, so there was no pressure at all.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise and totally agree with all the positive feedback in this thread. Sail Calabazza was great all around and have nothing negative to comment about the excursion.

I cannot recommend Gina and her crew enough. We visited Barbados for a week last Sept and went out with Calabazza twice. We would have gone again if we had more time :(. The Crew, The Service, The Food...all top notch! You definitely will not be disappointed!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived