I complained to Princess, they listened!

calliecat

We were on the Grand at Christmas. Our disembarkation at Galveston was a nightmare. The cruise was great and up until the time that we sat on the bus outside the terminal for 1&1/2 hour, we had absolutely no complaints.

We had transfers to Hobby and had a flight at 1245. We boarded the bus at 0900 and sat and sat and sat. We were told that there were 50 more people that had transfers to Hobby and that we had to wait for some of them because the next bus couldn't hold them. We were told that these 50 people were probably getting something to eat and then we were told that they didn't know why we couldn't leave but until they were told we were to leave, we couldn't go anywhere! There were 36 of us and the bus held around 55. To make a long story short, I ended up getting off the bus and walking the terminal until I could find someone to help because our bus crew was clueless. Evidently there had been some major misunderstanding and WE WERE THE 50 people they were waiting for because there had been a bus leave partially full just before we got there.

I wrote a detail letter to Princess when we got back. I felt they really needed to correct the confusion and I didn't appreciate being the one that orchestrated the bus leaving. Today I received a letter telling me that they were refunding my bus transfers (3 x $33.00) and that they were giving me onboard credit of $225 (3x$75.00) that may be applied to any cruise booked through January 2006. This was really more than I expected.

This was our 3rd cruise with Princess and up until disembarkation, we had had no problems at all. I was very impressed that they replied to my letter so quickly and that they were trying to correct a problem.

Now all I need to know is what "booked thru 2006" means. Does it mean that I have to cruise by then or can I book a cruise by January 2006 and cruise after that date? Regardless whether or not I am able to use the onboard credit, I am very pleased about the reply.

Happy to hear Princess listened to you and gave you something extra for your time and trouble. Whenever I have a problem or concedrn Princess always listens to us... even after 27 cruises with them! That's why I keep on sailing with them. To answer your question, "booked thru 2006" should mean you can book a cruise until December 31, 2006. I would still call Princess and confirm it.

Sandy

It does appear that they took your report to heart! We got off this morning and were going to Hobby. We sat for 25 minutes then they pulled up and picked up a bunch of IAH to fill the bus and took off. Dropped us off first then took the rest to IAH.

It means you have to have the cruise booked but not actually taken. So if you book in January 2006 and don't sale till 2007 they'll honour it (at least the did for us)

Thanks for the info...we would love to go to the Baltic in 2007. Heck, I would love to go to the Carribbean at Christmas again in in 2006. I will call Princess to figure out just what is meant by "booked by January 2006".

I still am very impressed that they responded so quickly. We are looking forward to free internet after our 5th cruise!! (As you can tell, we really don't ask for much)

Archived