St. Thomas after 5pm

Chadzbrew

Most of the stores close their doors right at 5 PM.

The Greenhouse stays open later with music, dancing, pool tables and video games. They carry burgers, some nice dinners, appetizers and a wide variety of bar drinks.

On that same block is the Hard Rock Cafe which occasionally will have live entertainment, lots of memorabilia on the walls. They also have a full line of burgers and dinners and a well stocked bar. Outside are licensed taxis ready to take you to your ship when your finished.

Nearer to Havensite docks is the Shipwreck which serves some really great burgers, fully stocked bar, pool tables, darts etc. Walkinig distance back to your ship if your docked at Havensite.

If your ship is docked at Crown Bay there is Tickles which also carrys a full menu, great seafood dinners and a full bar. I go to Tickles quite often after work, they usually have local bands performing after 8 pm, it's a a really great island experience. The desserts they serve there are HUGE. But when you have a craving for rich gooey chocolate this can be a godsend.....

If you don't have to be back to your ship until 10 pm you can also take a cab over to RedHook in the late afternoon . There are quite a few good places to eat there. There is duffy's love shack for drinks, appetizers and fun.... can get rather loud.

Across from Duffy's love shack is a really great steak house , The Caribbean Saloon, full dinner menu anad full bar. They have pool tables, darts, video poker, music and dancing after 8 pm. Great view of the boats and the basin there. They can call you a cab to get you back to the ship ontime. This is also one of my favorite places to go.

caribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Right now it is getting dark right around 6 pm. The jewelry stores all close up at 5 due to Insurance reasons. They need to do their inventory count and have their jewelry into the safes by a certain time. On other islands it may be that some are open later. On certain holidays or events they may remain open later however they need to let the insurance company's know why their safes aren't being closed at their usual time.

There are stores that the locals frequent that are open later such as K-Mart, the TuTu Park mall, the grocery stores that are open until 9 pm. Of course the dining establishments and bars are open later also.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

at Bluebeard's castle. We were in St Thomas in November til 11 pm and had dinner there. Great hillside setting overlooking the harbor, good food and service. Only caveat is that if you have any mobility issues there are a LOT of stairs to negotiate. Had fish of some sort in a to-die-for garlic lime sauce. MMMMMMMMMMM..

CaribbeanBlue,

Do you know if the liquor stores at Havensight Mall...like Al Cohen and AH Rise close by 5:00? Our ship...the Carnival Glory doesn't leave untill 8:00. Our plan was to do our beach activities in the early afternoon (I don't think we are allowed off the ship untill at least 10:30am) then come back to the ship...clean up...have a bite to eat...and then go and do our shopping.

We have been to St Thomas many times...we mostly just want to buy liquor and my DH might shop for a couple cigars. We were thinking of doing our shopping for liquor from around 5:30-7:30. It has been our experience in the past...that when ships were in port...most of the stores stayed open later to accomodate the passengers...and of course to make any last minute sales.

If you don't know if the above mentioned stores are opened after 5:00...would you possibly call them for me. I would really appreciate it. :)

I would call them myself...but it would probably cost a fortune from Michigan. This would really help me plan our day better. If you are willing to call one of the liquor stores for me...would you do me (actually DH) another favor...by asking them if they carry the french liquor Calvados. We have bought this in the past in St Thomas...but it was in Charlotte Amalie. We don't plan on going to Charlotte Amalie this stop...so we were wondering if DH will be able to get it at Havensight Mall.

Thanks alot :) :)

BTW...We will be in port on Tuesday 2-8-05

CaribbeanCrazy

Archived