Anyone do dolphin dive outside of the cruise line w/ anthony keys resort?

Dave and Audrey

I am trying to do this outside of the cruise line as we'd save about 50 bucks per person going right to Anthony Keys. Problem I've encountered is they will not do advanced booking for some stupid reason. Has anyone gotten off the ship and went to Anthony Key's and booked this the day of the event? I've emailed them and had no luck. I've called the 800 number but they were unhelpful and I think in the states.

Thanks

Dave

I am going in a couple of weeks and experiencing the same problem. I did get an e-mail back that said we could stop by and if there was room we could do the dolphin encounter. We plan on trying and I will let you know how it goes!

I spoke to them twice and they told me both times that when the ships are in you can only go there through the ship. It's a deal they have with the cruise ships. I worked out a deal with the one in Curacao because NCL only offers the Encounter and I wanted to do the dive. You can try that route but they will porobably give you the same answer.

• 3 weeks later...
I am going in a couple of weeks and experiencing the same problem. I did get an e-mail back that said we could stop by and if there was room we could do the dolphin encounter. We plan on trying and I will let you know how it goes!

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Dave

We ended up not doing the encounter as our driver for the day told us they increase the prices when the ships are in town to around $100 per person. The resort is beautiful and we were able to see the dolphins and resort from the other side of the cove. Shortly after we arrived there was a ships tour that arrived. Hopefully the pictures will attach--it is absolutely stunning and beautful and one of the passengers on the ship who did the tour through the ship said it was fantastic!

I don't see any pictures but if you'd like to email me them I'd appreciate it. db@cfbinc.com is my email address. So the TOTAL price was $100 per person when the ships were there or $100 EXTRA per person?

Thanks

Dave

We ended up not doing the encounter as our driver for the day told us they increase the prices when the ships are in town to around $100 per person. The resort is beautiful and we were able to see the dolphins and resort from the other side of the cove. Shortly after we arrived there was a ships tour that arrived. Hopefully the pictures will attach--it is absolutely stunning and beautful and one of the passengers on the ship who did the tour through the ship said it was fantastic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well for anyone who cares, we were able to take a cab over to anthony keys and do the dive for less than 1/2 of what the cruise ship charges. We just told them we were with a hotel that we passed on the way :). We hired a taxi driver for the day for $45 or $50 (I don't recall) and he drove us to Anthony keys, picked us up around 1 (We were told we'd be done by 12 so he was sitting there waiting for us) and then he took us around the island to see a little bit of it. There wasn't a great deal to see but the dolphin dive was nice despite the weather and reduces vis.

Dave

Well for anyone who cares, we were able to take a cab over to anthony keys and do the dive for less than 1/2 of what the cruise ship charges. We just told them we were with a hotel that we passed on the way :). We hired a taxi driver for the day for $45 or $50 (I don't recall) and he drove us to Anthony keys, picked us up around 1 (We were told we'd be done by 12 so he was sitting there waiting for us) and then he took us around the island to see a little bit of it. There wasn't a great deal to see but the dolphin dive was nice despite the weather and reduces vis.

Dave

What a great idea. think I will do the same thing............I have been watching this thread to see what the results would be as I have never been there and I want to do the same dolphin dive. thanks.

• 4 months later...
What a great idea. think I will do the same thing............I have been watching this thread to see what the results would be as I have never been there and I want to do the same dolphin dive. thanks.

How did you dolphin trip go? I am considering doing this when we arrive in Roatan Nov. 2 but haven't tried to contact the resort directly and Princess has not yet released the ship excursions for our cruise (guess we are the first Caribbean cruise of the season). Thanks!

Archived