Luggage Delivery

Kre8tiv1

Hi,

Leaving on the Century on 1/23. Sailaway is at 5pm. When can I expect luggage to be delivered to our cabin? Also, is the dress code in the MDR relaxed that night since it is sailaway?

Thanks...

Luggage can be any time from 1 to 6, occasionally later. Dress is relaxed since some haven't had a chance to unpack or may not have even gotten all of the luggage yet.

We have always received our bags by 5:30. at the latest. But... there have been others that when their bags are scanned, might be the last to receive them if something unusual shows up in the scan. They are called to open and show their "stuff". Or if you board very late, they will be at the end of the line.

You will see a few people dressed a little more casually, not having or taking the time to clean up for dinner. I always wear an outfit at boarding that would be decent for the MDR. We pack shorts in the carryon for lounging if we plan on boarding by noon.

Two of our bags arrived well before sailaway. The third did not. I called guest services and they said they'd look into it. I called again about a half hour later and we were told there were several bags that fit our description and could we come check. There were about a dozen bags in a corner by the guest services desk, including ours. Apparently the tag that the luggage handler at the curb put on had fallen off and we, foolishly, did not have our name on the bag. This happened with one of the bags we did receive in our cabin, but they must have opened it up and found something with our name on it.

Lesson learned- names must be on the baggage. We didn't have it on there because these were carry-on bags, so we never needed to have the name on them.

If you don't get a bag or too, call and ask. They were very helpful.

Archived