Hot Springs question

Trish Traveler

Trying to decide what sites I want to visit in Dominica before I consider various tours. What hot spring sites are available to easily visit from St. George's? I have read about Screw's which sounds pretty good if it is back open. How is the one hot spring you can sit in at the base of Trafalgar? How big is that one? Does it get really crowded - like some hot tubs on ships?;) Any others that tours/taxis can get too. This would just be something added on to a tour, not the main attraction for us. Any input appreciated.

The hot springs are found in the Wotten Waven area like you mentioned Screw's Spa,there is another place you can visit within the same area called ti kwen glo cho,the one at Trafalgar is a popular one but you can also go down south at the Soufrier sulphure springs.

Sailing in March to Dominica as one of our ports. I had found a hot springs/water fall dip listed as an excursion. It takes you to a wellness village. I did the Trafalga falls on a previous trip. Is this the same area you mentioned earlier. Was the trip worth doing?

Thanks for any info

I think that the wellness place you made mention of is the Papillote Wilderness retreat area which also has some hot water pools as well it is at the centre of nature. This is the same area ,it is within walking distance to the trafalgar falls. It is of interest you can do that excursion.

If you go to Trifalgar Falls you can hike in about 2 blocks and there are really big rocks that you climb around. That's where you will find some of the mineral hot springs. We went in and were the only people in there. We were there in the AM so maybe that's the time to go. If you hire a taxi at the pier tell them you want to go to Trifalgar Falls. Then go to TiTi Gorge - thats a not to miss!

Archived