Tubing + Champagne Reef

Sabiney

OK. I've read so many posts my eyes are starting to cross. :eek: Has anyone done the river tubing and then Champagne Reef? I can't quite get the lay of the land to know if this is even a possiblity for an 8 - 5 port day. If possible, any suggestions for transport. Seems like most of the popular guides have a set route of sorts.

Pat

Hello,

You got lots of time to do River tubing plus champagne reef. You can arrange with a tour operator that is doing the Layou river tubing .Tubing itself takes about an hour and a half then you can decide how long you want to stay doing snorkeling at Champagne reef whichever one you decide to do first it's possible.

rubby100 - Thank you so much for the response. When you've never seen the island, it's hard to figure out what is possible or not. After seeing photos of all the buses and vans piled up in the parking lots at some of the popular sites we really don't want to just do a package tour. We're not much for just sitting and riding and the tubing & reef both sound really great.

Time to search for transportation. Any first hand experiences with private tour guides? Anyone?

Pat

Archived