Dolphin Encounter or Dolphin Swim?

nvcruise

Carnival is offering two excursions to Dolphin Cove. One is termed Dolphin Encounter and allows you to meet the creatures in waist deep water. The other is termed Dolphin Swim where it is described that you acually swim with the dolphins in their habitat. The Dolphin Swim is much more costly. We are older travelers and were wondering if the Dolphin Swim or Encouter would be best for us, especially considering the huge difference in price.

Book on your own and get a much better price.....plus go to their website and see an exact detail of the programs offered. Carnival does not offer all the programs. Here is a review of our experience with the Royal Dolphin Swim:

We booked the Royal Dophin swim on-line for our daughter and her boyfriend. We booked the 11:00 a.m. slot because we didn't want to rush around getting off the ship and rushing to get there.

We checked in around 9:45 and went over to the turtle farm.....their entrance was free.....our's was $18.00 a piece. We walked around enjoying the turtles and headed back around 11:00. We were told our swim would start at 11:15. We went and sat on the bench they told us to.....and two instructors came and got Maria and Mike and took them for the usual instruction video. After the video, they had the two instructors and the two dolphins ALL TO THEMSELVES. The 9:00 time slot had about 5 groups of 10-12 people....and the 11:00 slot had two groups.....Mike and Maria's group.....and in another group was a mother and her three year-old daughter doing the "Dolphin Encounter." Maria and Mike had an unbelievable time!!! They were in the water a full 45 minutes with everyone on shore cheering and taking pictures of them. The instructors even let them each do the "dolphin push" twice. The crowd cheered and took pictures. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Mike and Maria having the time of their lives. It was their favorite excursion of the whole cruise.

Cozumel or Cayman for dophin????? We've done both. Had a great time in both.....but nothing can beat two instructors and two dolphins for two people.

Here is the website....also you can get an early discount of 20% (which we did)

http://www.dolphindiscovery (dot com)

• 2 weeks later...

JKJMT -

Nice review of the Royal Dolphin Swim.:) Is an admission fee charged for those who are not participating in the dolphin swim, but only observing? Our two daughters would like to swim, but because of the cost involved, my husband and I might just prefer to watch. Also, the early discount of 20% is just for Cozumel's Dolphin Discovery, not for Grand Cayman's. The Grand Cayman discount is free admission to the Turtle Farm. I've been searching for a promo code for the Dolphin swim at Grand Cayman, but no luck. Has anyone seen any promo codes for this?

Archived