Checking\Changing Dinner seating

cruisingbajan

Hi guys,

I've been reading on here that you can check on\change your seating when you first board the ship, this is done by going to either your assigned dining or seeing the maitre d. I've also read that the time frame for seeing the Maitre d is listed in the capers.

Now to the reason for the above preamble.:)

I will be on my honeymoon cruise in April and we would really love a table for 2....so this is the first thing I want to check as soon as possible after we board. I've been going thru some recent capers that were posted and I see no mention of meeting the maitre d in them:(. My last cruise the dining room was closed when we went to check on our table so we had no luck there either.

Could someone please confirm/advise how this really works...It is very important to us to get our choice of table on this cruise.

Thanks in advance guys.

On our first cruise, I wanted to change dinner seating times. I don't recall if it was in the capers or not. I went to the dining hall, and there was a sign stating the hours they would be open to talk to someone about changing seating. So I just showed up then, waited a few minutes, and was helped.

There are probably two dining rooms. I think your plastic room key will have the dining room, seating time, and table number on it.

Keith,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Wish you the very best.

(you were so helpful to us regarding Barbados a couple of years ago and I've always remembered your thoughtfulness)

CHEERS!!

Hi guys,

I've been reading on here that you can check on\change your seating when you first board the ship, this is done by going to either your assigned dining or seeing the maitre d. I've also read that the time frame for seeing the Maitre d is listed in the capers.

I will be on my honeymoon cruise in April and we would really love a table for 2....so this is the first thing I want to check as soon as possible after we board. I've been going thru some recent capers that were posted and I see no mention of meeting the maitre d in them:(. My last cruise the dining room was closed when we went to check on our table so we had no luck there either.

Could someone please confirm/advise how this really works...It is very important to us to get our choice of table on this cruise.

Thanks in advance guys.

Send me an email... I think we might be able to do something...

:)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

If you want to ensure you have a table for two, get yourself switched to Anytime Dining and ask for a table for 2 each time you go to the MDR.

This would probably suit a honeymoon trip better because you schedule would be flexible. Go to dinner when the mood suits you, not when the schedule says to.

Getting a table for two during assigned dining may be tough since they have set up Anytime Dining to cater to mostly parties of 2 or 4. On the Ecstasy they had many table for 2 or 4, and very few that would take larger groups.

Also keep in mind that even if you have a table for 2, it is only about 1 foot away from the next table. A cozy private table for two tucked in the back corner probably does not exist.

Good Luck

We have been doing anytime dining on our recent cruises and doing tables for 2.

I wonder if CCL is like Princess and RCI where they have tables for 2 but they are so close to the table next to you.

I haven't done it on CCL yet. September will be our first time doing it on CCL.

Have a great honeymoon cruise.:)

Bill

Keith,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Wish you the very best.

(you were so helpful to us regarding Barbados a couple of years ago and I've always remembered your thoughtfulness)

CHEERS!!

Thanks habby. :)

I've always remembered you as well. That is what we are here on the boards for to help each other.:)

Congrats to you on your marriage! My husband and I have cruised numerous times and gone to the MD when first boarding the ship to change our dinner time. Usually it takes place in the dining room right off from where you embark the ship. We haven't been on a ship with anytime dining yet so I'm not sure of that option, but we've always found the MD to be very accomodating. We've done our last 2 cruises with table for 2 alone and once you do that, you'll never want to go back to table mates. It's wonderful!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

If you want to ensure you have a table for two, get yourself switched to Anytime Dining and ask for a table for 2 each time you go to the MDR.

This would probably suit a honeymoon trip better because you schedule would be flexible. Go to dinner when the mood suits you, not when the schedule says to.

Getting a table for two during assigned dining may be tough since they have set up Anytime Dining to cater to mostly parties of 2 or 4. On the Ecstasy they had many table for 2 or 4, and very few that would take larger groups.

Also keep in mind that even if you have a table for 2, it is only about 1 foot away from the next table. A cozy private table for two tucked in the back corner probably does not exist.

Good Luck

Thank you.

I would have considered anytime dining but I don't think it is available on the ship as yet.

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance guys.

Congratulations! We will be married twenty years this May and still prefer a romantic table for two.

I'm sure because you are on your honeymoon they will be happy to accomodate you.

Best of luck and happy sailing.

Congratulations! We will be married twenty years this May and still prefer a romantic table for two.

I'm sure because you are on your honeymoon they will be happy to accomodate you.

Best of luck and happy sailing.

Thank you and congrats on your upcoming 20th. I hope to reach our 20th one day as well.

I am also hoping that they would be willing to accommodate us as well. I will also be getting a bit of assistance from Host Mach so I am sure this will go a long way as well.

Thank you and congrats on your upcoming 20th. I hope to reach our 20th one day as well.

I am also hoping that they would be willing to accommodate us as well. I will also be getting a bit of assistance from Host Mach so I am sure this will go a long way as well.

I promise you it will be 20 yrs before you know it.......:) Enjoy!

Go Host Mach!!

This August will make 20yrs for us as well. Seems like only yesterday....:) It's great that you are starting your journey together on a cruise.

Best Wishes

This August will make 20yrs for us as well. Seems like only yesterday....:) It's great that you are starting your journey together on a cruise.

Best Wishes

Thank you and congrats on your upcoming 20th as well. I am also looking forward to my 20th. A cruise is indeed a great way to start our journey together.:)

Archived