Opinions on air boat ride or pontoon boat excursions in Port Canaveral

tinker

Has anyone done the airboat rides or pontoon boat adventure in Port Canaveral?

We have never seen the everglades but also considering Disney. I got mixed opinons

on trying to do and excursion to Disney in one day though I would love to see Epcot again.

Any info on what you did in Port Canaveral appreciated.

I live near Port Canaveral. I would suggest the airboat ride. The pontoon boat is nice, and you might see a dolphin, but the airboat is fun and you'll likely see some native water birds and an alligator or 2. You can also have a good meal at the fishcamp the airboats run out of. Disney/Epcot is a 50 minute drive from the port. I don't know how long you'll be in port, but if you don't have a good 6 hours to spend, I wouldn't try to do Disney.

Spike

I've done the airboat excursion twice before and loved it first time. Although it is not guarenteed we saw a lot of wildlife (including many close-up alligators) both times. The first time it was sunny and the second it was raining( it still was a great time), and the tour provided ponchos for everyone. We did not get many pictures because of the rain, only 2 of us thought to bring water proof cameras. At the end of the tour they sell jewelry made from very interesting stones (they make great souviners).

Thanks for your help.

We will be in port from noon until 9 p.m. so I think it is cutting it short to go to Epcot, though I would love to. I need to hear first hand from those who have done it an enjoyed it or

we will just to the airboat ride.

Archived