Island ?'s

cruisinlawn

on the 10 day ACA to FLL route...

- which nights are formal?

- specialty rest. are onboard?

- do they still have those awesome hotdogs as we had on Golden, Star, etc?

- can you still get the Alfredo (Parmesan basket) nightly in MDR?

- can you still request pot of coffee via room service for early a.m?

Thanks to all for input.

on the 10 day ACA to FLL route...

- which nights are formal?

- specialty rest. are onboard?

- do they still have those awesome hotdogs as we had on Golden, Star, etc?

- can you still get the Alfredo (Parmesan basket) nightly in MDR?

- can you still request pot of coffee via room service for early a.m?

Thanks to all for input.

I have a few answers

Spec Rest: bayou cafe and Sabatinis

Hot Dog are the same

And I believe room service menus are standard across the fleet.

Alfredo every night, coffee every am except last day, didn't try hot dogs, and didn't use specialty restaurants as dining room was terrific. Some of the best food on any cruise. Don't forget they have Chef's table 2 nights at $75 pp and well worth it. Book it as soon as you board.

Hi I am just back from the Island FLL ACA- insanely busy at work so havent had a chance to do my review. promise I will !

Formal nites for us were second night and 3rd last nite.(Dec 31 and January 06)

Bayou Cafe and Sabatini's were both awesome. Way too much food in Sabatinis. I didnt realize that you got ALL the appetizers and the pasta, salad even soup if you could possibly squeeze it in as well as your entree choice. Never mind desert! Great food in the Bayou would eat there again.

Yes to the Alfredo.

My husband loved his New York style hot dog. I didnt have one.

We had a pot of coffee every morning out on our balcony. Again so worth it.

What a fabulous trip I envy you competely. Would do it again in a heartbeart.

Any questions just ask

Hi I am just back from the Island FLL ACA- insanely busy at work so havent had a chance to do my review. promise I will !

Bayou Cafe and Sabatini's were both awesome. Way too much food in Sabatinis. I didnt realize that you got ALL the appetizers and the pasta, salad even soup if you could possibly squeeze it in as well as your entree choice. Never mind desert! Great food in the Bayou would eat there again.

Yes to the Alfredo.

Any questions just ask

I am doing the same cruise next month. Since Panama (Puerto Amador) is just a 5 hour stop and it is a tender port do they let passengers off the ship that are not taking one of their excrusions ? If they do... is there anything at the port or in walking distance ?

Thanks,

Yes to the Alfredo.

Any questions just ask

thanks for the info!!

We are going on this same trip on 2/18!! Cant wait!!:D

I am doing the same cruise next month. Since Panama (Puerto Amador) is just a 5 hour stop and it is a tender port do they let passengers off the ship that are not taking one of their excrusions ? If they do... is there anything at the port or in walking distance ?

Thanks,

We were on this cruise over new year's. The ship highly reccomends that if you are not on an organized tour not to get off the ship. It is a tender to a port that is there just to pick up tours. Not really anything to do, and with the long tender ride in, it just wasn't worth anyone's time that hadn't booked a tour.

On our trip we actually did Sabatini's the night the ship docked from 5-9 and we really enjoyed eating dinner overlooking the Panama City skyline!!

We were on this cruise over new year's. The ship highly reccomends that if you are not on an organized tour not to get off the ship. It is a tender to a port that is there just to pick up tours. Not really anything to do, and with the long tender ride in, it just wasn't worth anyone's time that hadn't booked a tour.

On our trip we actually did Sabatini's the night the ship docked from 5-9 and we really enjoyed eating dinner overlooking the Panama City skyline!!

Sounds like a good plan ! Thanks for the suggestion.

we might do the same thing.:D thanks for the tip

we're doing the same cruise (reverse order Aca-Fll) Mar 10th.... did you hear any feedback from people who had done either of the Panama City excursions??

Thanks,

You can take two tours a Fuerte Amador-Panama City By Night or a Tour of the Milleflores Locks.

We didnt do either. We took the tender in the port(it was a rough ride!) went to the mall that was there bought some coffee(I got coffee at every port to take home as gifts and my own souvenirs) and vodka(dont tell!) got back on the tender and went back to the ship. There was an interesting restaurant there and this mall which is quite modern and you could sit out and have a drink but that was it. A chance to stretch your legs.

but we had private ones in Columbia and Costa Rica that were for a small group, well organized and cheaper than the ship's tours. Look for the roll call for Nov. 20,2009.

Which excursion did you do in Costa Rica?

but we had private ones in Columbia and Costa Rica that were for a small group, well organized and cheaper than the ship's tours. Look for the roll call for Nov. 20,2009.

Was that the RT FLL or the full transit.... so east coast or west coast CR?

Archived