ACA - store/transfer

cruisinlawn

we will be arriving on day ship sails, will be arranging private transfer. My question, is there a store between airport and cruiseport where one might stop for soft drinks to take onboard? how bout alcohol?

We already have a few names for transportation but does anyone have a recent positive experience with a driver?

Thanks for any info.

there are 100's of stores between the airport and cruise port. Many times you are provided transfers for the airport and the cruise terminal. If you are not, and it was us, we would find a nice a/c van taxi at the airport, and arrange for the driver to stop at Walmart on the way. Perhaps you could arrange for the driver to visit a few sights, such as are on our next visit map below. Or you could check in, and then catch a cheap "no a/c" vw bug taxi and see a few sights. It is always hot and humid in aca

AcapulcoMap2-1.jpg

It's not "always" hot and humid in ACA. The climatic conditions vary by season, days within a season, etc.

There's a liquor store, large store - La Divina - directly across the street from the cruise ship passenger terminal and if you don't want to stop at Wal-Mart (or elsewhere) before arriving at the terminal you can purchase what you need from that store - from what I'm recollecting.

Enjoy the trip!

It's not "always" hot and humid in ACA. The climatic conditions vary by season, days within a season, etc.

There's a liquor store, large store - La Divina - directly across the street from the cruise ship passenger terminal and if you don't want to stop at Wal-Mart (or elsewhere) before arriving at the terminal you can purchase what you need from that store - from what I'm recollecting.

Enjoy the trip!

US $'s or Pesos needed? If across from terminal, I'm guessing I may be able to check in at ship, drop our stuff and go back off to store as suggestd by B-n-S?

We have never airport to port arrival in aca; but we have cruised there several times. The BUSY port area is blvd. front and easy to get a cab. We would try to stop by walmart on the way and use credit cards, so you could stow what you buy in your suitcase. Seems after checkin we would visit a few sights. The no a/c VW bug cabs are everywhere and can be chartered for as little as 100 pesos/hour, and easily at $10-$15 per hour. ACA pier in rear of pic

IMG_2900.jpg

If you want to stop at a Wal-Mart, do so on your way from the airport - not after getting settled onboard the ship, beause you will pass two Wal-Marts after leaving the airport and the closest one is about a 30-minute taxi ride (each way) from where the ship is berthed. Wal-Mart will be less expensive than the La Divina liquor store I mentioned earlier, but unless you're planning to purchase many cases of soda the price difference is probably inconsequential.

Archived