Liberty of the Seas Sept 05, 2010

RobertoWard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dale and Richard!

We just booked for Liberty of the Seas, Sept. 5 2010. We're from Miami. A couple in our early 40s. We're going with 2 (straight) couples from Work. We've been on Freedom class ships before, and this is our 8th cruise on RCL (plus a few more on other lines), but this will be our first time on Liberty. We've been to Labadee before, and San Juan (but not by ship). I've been to St. Maarten (but that was a looong time ago when I was a kid).

Hope to see you on board!

Hi ehfl: Its sure is nice to find out there are other gay couples on this cruise. As I said we are from Houston TX. I am Dale (67) and Richard is (48) been together 16yrs. This will be our time on the Liberty of the Seas and the freedom class ships, but we have sailed with RCL many times. I have been to all the ports on this cruise within the last year, but Richard has only been to St. Maarten, and as you said a looong time ago. St. Maarten has change a lot, its not like was the last time Richard was there.

We are looking forward to meeting you on the ship.

Dale & Richard

Not sure if the picture came in that time...it looks like it may only be visible to me, and only when I'm logged into the skydrive account. Let me know if you can't see it.

We'll try to get to the ship around noon, and have lunch in the Windjammer. Then drop our stuff off in our cabins. Then we'll probably check for spa and restaurant reservations, and explore a bit (the other 2 couples have never been on Freedom class ships before). Then it's usually muster time, then sail away, and then we have early dinner seating. Not sure what time the welcome aboard show is.

We should be able to meet up somewhere in between or after all the activities, or you can meet us in the WJ at lunch.

yes I can see the pic. We normal get on the ship around 1pm and look around, and see our cabin. Nice pic I will see if I can find one of us to post. So we will know each other when we get on the ship. Are you doing any tours at any of our stops? We are still looking at them.

Dale & Richard what is your names?

So far, we haven't decided on any excursions. We were just in El Yunque (PR) in Dec. and the ship's excursion doesn't seem as good (no time to swim in the waterfall). We may go to Orient beach in St. M. It depends on what the other couples want to do, although we don't necessarily have to do the same thing.

--Ed & Hugh

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to posting this, but have had so many house guest for the last month, but they are gone for now.

I have not found a way to get a pic on here. If you would like to see what we look like you can go to my e-mail and I can send you one. erobertdale@yahoo.com

We are still looking at what we want to do in each port. We have made our final payment and are now just waiting for our Doc.

I hope we find some other FOD on this cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dale, Richard, Ed, and Hugh. Decided to check on my posts. I actually posted on CruiseMates but no response. I forgot to post on CruiseCritic. I will be on this LIBERTY sailing as well. I'm looking forward to some R&R. I'm cruising solo again - will be my 3rd solo and my 17th cruise overall. I sure hope we get all these storms out of the way..geez. I have friends on ships now and they said to be prepared for a rocky ride...the seas are churned for sure. Perhaps we will experience a quiet and smooth vacation. I'm sure we will all bump in to each other for sure. I'll be the lone wonderer, people watching, looking for the chair in the shade...LOL I'm Stephen (41) from Charlotte, NC I'm flying in to Miami the day before. Safe travels to you all.

Stephen :)

Hi Stephen! Keep an eye out for us....look forward to meeting you aboard.

Both Hugh and I grew up around boats, so the motion doesn't bother us....I like being rocked to sleep :). We're OK if the itinerary changes...just hoping for not too much rain wherever we end up.

Stephen: Will be looking forward to meeting you, and who knows what the weather will be like but that what happens when you go down to the sea :).

Look for Richard and me we will be in our kilts of formal nights.

Dale & Richard

Hi guys. Lord its a buffet of storms for sure....although not the first time I've had to dodge a storm. I to hope wherever our voyage takes us that the weather is delightful. I would actually be happy with heading out to sea and dropping anchor for seven days..LOL I rarely get off the ship any more for I have been to these ports many times. It's nice having the ship all to yourself. I have the late dinner seating. I like having the extra time during the day. Unfortunately on this voyage I will be experiencing the "gluten-free" dinner menus (long story) oh the joy !!! Curious to see how this is presented. I'm gonna miss all that good bread..:( I'm just ready to park it an relax. Hope everyone has started their packing....I've got my two-piece packed.:p

S

Archived