suitcase size

xrayvin

I have looked through a lot of threads and could not find the answer to my question. Please forgive me if it has been asked previously.

I was printing my luggage tags tonight and I noticed there was a size requirement on it. It stated your luggage should not exceed 24x16. I have never heard of this before. We have always taken the same suitcases on our cruises and they are larger then this requirement. Is this something new? Even the airlines don't have this requirement. I have made sure that my 25" and 29" suitcases are not over the weight limit.

What size do most people use for their luggage? I dont even own smaller suitcases (except my carry on) I am concerned being we leave in 2 days and packing was tough using the bigger bags, do I need to buy new luggage and repack TOMORROW?

Thanks again

I have looked through a lot of threads and could not find the answer to my question. Please forgive me if it has been asked previously.

I was printing my luggage tags tonight and I noticed there was a size requirement on it. It stated your luggage should not exceed 24x16. I have never heard of this before. We have always taken the same suitcases on our cruises and they are larger then this requirement. Is this something new? Even the airlines don't have this requirement. I have made sure that my 25" and 29" suitcases are not over the weight limit.

What size do most people use for their luggage? I dont even own smaller suitcases (except my carry on) I am concerned being we leave in 2 days and packing was tough using the bigger bags, do I need to buy new luggage and repack TOMORROW?

Thanks again

Check again, because that is probably for carry on. The cruise lines don't have any luggage limits, but there are size limits for carry on because of the X-Ray machines.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Check again, because that is probably for carry on. The cruise lines don't have any luggage limits, but there are size limits for carry on because of the X-Ray machines

One the printed luggage tags it says :

"NOTE: Guests are encouraged to limit their checked baggage to two suitcases per person.

Each suitcase should not weigh more the 50 pounds and not exceed 24"w x 16"h."

I agree that I have not had a problem with my luggage in the past, I am just making sure something has not changed. It just seems like such a small size!

I will probably keep my suitcases as is and if I pay a fee for oversized bags then I pay a fee. The only other thing would be to buy new luggage and that is impossible anyway.

Thanks again

Thanks again

Here is the info you need from Carnival......

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Embarkation_Debarkation.htm

One the printed luggage tags it says :

"NOTE: Guests are encouraged to limit their checked baggage to two suitcases per person.

Each suitcase should not weigh more the 50 pounds and not exceed 24"w x 16"h."

I agree that I have not had a problem with my luggage in the past, I am just making sure something has not changed. It just seems like such a small size!

I will probably keep my suitcases as is and if I pay a fee for oversized bags then I pay a fee. The only other thing would be to buy new luggage and that is impossible anyway.

Thanks again

You forgot the 30" in length.......;)

16 high x 24 wide x 30 in length.....For luggage being delivered to your cabin.....

24 x 16 is for carry on only.....

thanks jessemon! here is the sentence that changes things:

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.

Each suitcase should not weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length

This was not on the luggage tag and definatly makes a difference! They left off the 30 (which I think is a pretty important number) With this information I should be just fine. Everyone have a great night!

Archived