Celebrity Zenith

WILLY & WILMA

We're scheduled to cruise with Celebrity Zenith on 2-13-05, the two week Caribbean. We were told about 8 months ago that the ship was scheduled to be in dry dock right before the 13 February sailing. Does anyone know if this was accomplished or if there have been any mechanical problems with Zenith?

Thanks..Willy and Wilma

We were on the Summit for New Years. It is going Drydock in the Bahamas for a rew reasons. Re-fit for the Cirque de Soleil lounge/shows, Fix up some worn out upholstery, etc, maintenance, and supposedly to work on the propulsion system that's part of their lawsuit for all of Celebrity's ships.

nowatny, No. We booked the same cruise while on the Zenith last year thinking it would be nice to sail on a newly refurbished ship. It didn't happen and actually we only found out about it because they opened bookings for the drydock dates. If you were told this only eight months ago, you were misled.

A friend just returned from a Zenith cruise and said it was fantastic in every way. :)

I just returned from 14 night Zenith and it was PERFECT!!! No refurb but it's a great ship anyway!

The crew is fantastic and they take such pride in the ship that it is of no consequence that the carpet is a little faded! Believe me, a happy crew is worth everything! I know because the Century 11/27 and 12/4 crew were not happy and it showed!

The food was great, everything clean as a whistle and just great!

If you are going soon, would you be willing to let me mail you something to take to Madelyn in the Martini Bar? I fogot to give it to her. It's just an envelope.

You can email me at tuggers1@mchsi.com if you are willing! Thanks!

Gail

I've been on the Zenith for 5 cruises. Each and every time it was wonderful. The staff and so attentive and always willing to help. Last trip this past September for mydaughter's 30th birthday she was injured at the beach and that evening we went down to the Dr.and then the hosp. there was nothing they wouldn't do to help us and as we got off the ship on crutchers they even took us to out bags. Zenith is the best. Maureen:) ;)

Archived