Does MSC provide transfers from Savona to either Genova or Milano airport

Tapi

Hello!

We're planning a cruise out of Savona on the Splendida. We're now in the process of planning the flights. We've researched transportation to and from the airport, but we're curious if MSC offers its own airport transfers from either the Genova or Milano airports. If so, what's the cost?

Thanks for the input!

Hello!

We're planning a cruise out of Savona on the Splendida. We're now in the process of planning the flights. We've researched transportation to and from the airport, but we're curious if MSC offers its own airport transfers from either the Genova or Milano airports. If so, what's the cost?

Thanks for the input!

Hi Tapi

I'm a bit confused by your post. MSC doesn't sail from Savona - it's Costa that does. the Splendida's home port is Genova.

MSC only do airport transfers if you have bought a fly/cruise package with them. They do disembaraktion tours that include airport transfers but usually only for flights departing after 4 or 5pm. Also I would not depend on them as they get cancelled at short notice if not enough English speakers book to reach the minimum numbers.

Genova airport is not far from the port and can be reached quite quickly by taxi 915-20 minutes) Though be warned that the Italians do not use a queuing system for taxis at the port,. The passengers just run out and grab one and it sometimes is the survival of the fittest, so you can not depend on getting a taxi quickly.

If you are going to Milano (Malpensa or Bergamot or Linate?), you can get a taxi to central station (STazione Centrale) in Genova and get a train to Milano Centrale. Take 2 to 2.5 hours depending on the train service. You will get timetables on the Trenitalia website. At the rear of Milano centrale, the airport buses leave. bergamot and Malpensa take about an hour for the transfer. Linate will be much quicker. ther is also a rail link to malpensa but you have to change station and go to Cadorna (by taxi or metro). It also takes about an hour, so you are quicker just getting the bus.

" things to be aware of if using the train,

1. You need to validate your ticket before getting on the train at one of the yellow machines dotted about the station. In Genova there isn't one on the platform so you need to do this in the main departure hall before going to the platform

2. Genova doesn't have a lift, so you have a flight of stairs to negotiate with luggage. Fine if you are abled bodies, but may cause issue if not so mobile

Thank you SO much for the valuable information!

I stand corrected. As you mentioned, It's departing from the port of Genoa. I've looked at so many ships and itineraries (obviously including Costa out of Savona), that I'm getting all of them mixed up in my head! :o

Archived