Karaoke

SharenaB

There are several of us in our group that enjoy going karaoking. I went on a short cruise in October on Celebrity and the karaoke selections were small, maybe 100 songs to choose from at the most. We are going on the Dream March 20th and we are wondering about the karaoke selections. Does anyone have any information?

i just got off the fantasy and they had an updated book, i still take some of my cdg's, but i didnt really need them exept for some really new songs. i think it is really up to the dj if they are really into karaoke then they will keep a newer book.

i just got off the fantasy and they had an updated book, i still take some of my cdg's, but i didnt really need them exept for some really new songs. i think it is really up to the dj if they are really into karaoke then they will keep a newer book.

They will allow you to take your own CD's that is great.

I was on the Fascination last year and I thought they had a huge selection. Not sure how many songs but definitely over 500. The dream probably has a more updated selection I would think. Have fun! :)

That is good to know!

I too am going on the dream so I recently posted a thread about all this. I LOVE karaoke and this is what I learned. The Dream has both the old system and the new system together. so it should have an "ok" selection. But if you love it as much as me then you will want to bring your own discs. just make sure they are commercial discs (not home made burned discs) Recently a member of these boards LHP was on the Dream and she said they let her use her discs without an issue. to make the most of your money, I would recommend having a custom disc made so every song on the disc is one that you love. I use http://www.selectatrack.com. you pay per song. there are some cheaper sites. but none with the selection they have. and you can listen to clips of the songs you choose so you can avoid the "cheesy synthesizer type" of karaoke track. Ever since I heard this info about the Dream, I have been even more excited.. as if thats possible.

I too am going on the dream so I recently posted a thread about all this. I LOVE karaoke and this is what I learned. The Dream has both the old system and the new system together. so it should have an "ok" selection. But if you love it as much as me then you will want to bring your own discs. just make sure they are commercial discs (not home made burned discs) Recently a member of these boards LHP was on the Dream and she said they let her use her discs without an issue. to make the most of your money, I would recommend having a custom disc made so every song on the disc is one that you love. I use www.selectatrack.com. you pay per song. there are some cheaper sites. but none with the selection they have. and you can listen to clips of the songs you choose so you can avoid the "cheesy synthesizer type" of karaoke track. Ever since I heard this info about the Dream, I have been even more excited.. as if thats possible.

Thank you for the tip...definitely helps! going to check out the website tonight.

There are several of us in our group that enjoy going karaoking. I went on a short cruise in October on Celebrity and the karaoke selections were small, maybe 100 songs to choose from at the most. We are going on the Dream March 20th and we are wondering about the karaoke selections. Does anyone have any information?

The Dream is a new ship...and you will NOT have hundreds of songs to choose from....you will have THOUSANDS...

A fully digital system should provide a great option.

Also...Carnival has a fulltime Karaoke Host/ess on board. You will have the same person every night, and sometimes during the day. Karaoke is a very important part of the night time entertainment on Carnival.

Karaoke is a very important part of the night time entertainment on Carnival.

Yes - for sure - where else can you keep so many passengers entertained for so little money? Definitely not the production shows! It's really a win-win situation for them. Kathy

Karaoke is a BLAST on Carnival !

I get really silly, and sad thing is....I don't even drink.

In all honesty I feel that getting up there and doing a song is good for the mental health. Somehow karaoke does a psychological good...it builds self confidence, and courage to stand one's ground, and reminds us to be ourselves. People actually appreciate us for that.

Karaoke is a BLAST on Carnival !

I get really silly, and sad thing is....I don't even drink.

In all honesty I feel that getting up there and doing a song is good for the mental health. Somehow karaoke does a psychological good...it builds self confidence, and courage to stand one's ground, and reminds us to be ourselves. People actually appreciate us for that.

You have to admire someones guts to get up in front of everyone and sing. Especially if they are a bad singer. To me it is all about having a good time!

I can't speak of the Dream but I have been on Pride, Spirit and Elation and their song selection isn't too bad. But I've always brought my own CDG's. Everyone has allowed me to use them. Some ask if they are appropriate with nothing vulgar which they are all fine and make sure I accept the risk if they get damaged. Other than that, I was okay to use my own which was much better to me.

Carnival does do a decent job with karaoke and I wish RCCL felt the same way. I am going on my first RCI cruise this May and I've seen their version of the Capers and karaoke is only offered 4 out of the 7 nights and only for about an hour. One of the four nights is one hour for "family" time so really only 3 nights to enjoy with adults. That really bites and far different from my CCL experiences.

Archived