Ship allow wetsuits on their slides?

sendtodb

Have an upcoming Feb cruise with a couple sea days. I remember a few years back doing a Thanksgiving week cruise where it was kind of chilly on the sea days.

Going on the Dream with it's wonderful slides and want the kids to be warm. Will the ship allow wetsuits in their pools and on their slides? Just wondering about the zippers on the back of the wetsuits... whether they might scratch the slide's surface at all.

Thanks!

most waterparks won't allow u on their slides w/any metal-type accent on bathsuit

im thinking that even the more lightweight snorkel wetsuits would stick to the slide :confused:

why not just use the rashguard shirts they sell? my kids report they do double duty & help them to stay warm; many also have UV protection

I have had pretty good luck with the skimmers they sell at Old Navy. Got one on clearance for my youngest fot $4 and he used it at a water park in Wisconsin and no problems. Even had UV protection. My oldest didn't want one (thought they were too snug) and ended up sun burnt and with a rash...

Plus they dry out in like 30 seconds...

Hailee Steberger, the godchild of the Carnival Dream waterpark, wore a wetsuit on November 13 during the inaugural ceremonies.

It was about 38 degrees out and everyone was amazed that she rode that slide... not once but TWICE!!

:)

hailee-1.jpg

Seems like all the one-piece 'skins' I saw had zippers. That leaves separate tops & bottoms, and that is fine. Thinking about 1mm wetsuit jacket tops now... hhhhmm.

As for that pic of the girl on the slide... bet it's ok to use a zippered wetsuit if said wetsuit has the Carnival logo on the front :o ...and oh, by the way, you can probably get 'em in the ship's store for $249.99 :rolleyes:

Archived