Copies of Menu's anyone?

Hi,

We are off on our first Thomson cruise this summer & having seen copies of drinks menu's posted on here, I was wondering if anyone had done anything similar with a restaurant menu. I was thinking mainly of the full service restaurant. I did a weekend P&O cruise prior to booking with Thomson to get a feel for cruising and their restaurant had a daily changing set menu with about 5 choices per course, along with a small selection of set dishes i.e steak, salmon, chicken which were available every evening, is Thomson similar? Also we are travelling with 3 children, do they get to choose from the same adult menu too (they would prefer this) or do they get a seperate childrens menu?

Many thanks :)

We've cruised on both P&O and Thomson. The food is very similar though on Thomson there is an extra (salad) course on the main restaurant menu: starter, soup, salad, main, dessert.

Your children can of course choose off the main menu, or there is an alternative if they wish. A family on a neighbouring table to ours often ordered chips with something for their children/teenager. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Carol x

Thanks Carol, that's very helpful. We would all probably prefer to eat most evening meals in the full service restaurant, as we find eating at a buffet with 5 of us, there is always someone missing from the table. My children are well behaved and are used to eating out, my only concern was if one evening one of them couldn't find something they liked on the days menu, however if it's similar to P&O they shouldn't have a problem! My husband (a cheese fanatic) never made it to the cheese course on either of the nights we were on board :)

Hope this helps.This was from the Celebration last year.It will give you some idea

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19254843&highlight=#post19254843

Left hand one is breakfast,right hand is evening menu

I dont remember a seperate childrens menu but the waiters are very accommodating I am sure they would rustle up a less fancy dish if you ask.

Hi,

We are off on our first Thomson cruise this summer & having seen copies of drinks menu's posted on here, I was wondering if anyone had done anything similar with a restaurant menu. I was thinking mainly of the full service restaurant. I did a weekend P&O cruise prior to booking with Thomson to get a feel for cruising and their restaurant had a daily changing set menu with about 5 choices per course, along with a small selection of set dishes i.e steak, salmon, chicken which were available every evening, is Thomson similar? Also we are travelling with 3 children, do they get to choose from the same adult menu too (they would prefer this) or do they get a seperate childrens menu?

Many thanks :)

Hi Jojo,

No, the menu is not as easy to photocopy from the main restaurant as the bar menu was. There is a good selection of meals to choose from and if there is nothing the kids like you can just ask the waiter for something simple for them.

I know the cruise wont be the same and its not what you asked for but I also uploaded a copy of each days cruise news from my last holiday.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21074117&postcount=4

It will give you a flavour of what a typical week is like on board.

Have a great cruise.

Archived