Check or carry on

chadci

I understand that sometimes luggage can take a few hours before it finds it's way to your stateroom. We are booked to have dinner each night at 6PM however, on the first night we decided to eat in the Golden Fleece as I really want to see the ship pass under the Skyway bridge outside of Tampa. We have a 7:30 reservation and plan to be on the ship as early as they'll let us get on.

Should we haul any luggage around with us or just check it all with the porters? I don't know that going to dinner in shorts and a t-shirt would be a great idea but I also don't think lugging around luggage all day sounds like a very good idea either.

We will likely just carry a small bag with our cameras, medications and anything else we might need right away.

I understand that sometimes luggage can take a few hours before it finds it's way to your stateroom. We are booked to have dinner each night at 6PM however, on the first night we decided to eat in the Golden Fleece as I really want to see the ship pass under the Skyway bridge outside of Tampa. We have a 7:30 reservation and plan to be on the ship as early as they'll let us get on.

Should we haul any luggage around with us or just check it all with the porters? I don't know that going to dinner in shorts and a t-shirt would be a great idea but I also don't think lugging around luggage all day sounds like a very good idea either.

We will likely just carry a small bag with our cameras, medications and anything else we might need right away.

Your luggage should be there way before that... baring anything very unusual.. you should be fine to check your bags..

Believe me, You dont want to lug around your luggage for a few hours when you first board. That is the best time to explore the ship and get familiar with where everything is. Dragging your luggage around will leave you irritated and exhausted in short order. I would be very surprised that your luggage is not in your room well before dinner time leaving you plenty of time to dress for dinner. But to be safe, pack a shirt and dockers in your carry on. Most passengers will not be overly dressed for dinner the first night anyway.

Sounds good. We will more than likely each carry a messenger bag or something. Time to roll up the wrinkle free clothes ;)

You guys amaze me with how quick you are to respond. I'm a A/V geek and spend most of my time on some of the A/V forums. There are times when your post can go hours or even days without a reply!

Is the Golden Fleece the buffet? If so you're good to go in just your shorts. If not as others have said I usually pack a change of cloths plus meds and all necessary stuff in my carry on just incase my checked bag doesn't make it to the ship.

Is the Golden Fleece the buffet? If so you're good to go in just your shorts. If not as others have said I usually pack a change of cloths plus meds and all necessary stuff in my carry on just incase my checked bag doesn't make it to the ship.

Golden Fleece is the steakhouse (supper club) on the Legend...

I have never packed anything cause I don't bring a carry on.. and in 8 cruises have always had luggage before muster;)

Our local WalMart carries the Downy wrinkle release in a small travel size. :) I never travel with out it! Esp. on a cruise as well you just never know.................

That's a spray, right? That just might be the ticket.

That's a spray, right? That just might be the ticket.

Yup sure is comes in handy not only the first night but any other day/night when you pull out something and it's just wrinkled enough to be "messy" but not enough to make you want to go find the laundry room and iron! :D

Yup sure is comes in handy not only the first night but any other day/night when you pull out something and it's just wrinkled enough to be "messy" but not enough to make you want to go find the laundry room and iron! :D

Ha, sounds like every Monday - Friday for me!

Archived