current weather in San Pedro

OMG MAJOR FLOODS in San Pedro and other areas of Los Angelas wow least our hotel is at the top of a hill

shall I take our rubber dingy to take us to the port ??????

I heard on the news they have floods in parts of San Pedro

what has everyone heard

Yes we've had 3 big storms and one more tomorrow! Some houses and businesses at the bottom of the hill that comprises San Pedro got flooded due to clogged storm drains (poor people!) but there will be no problem getting to the port from your hotel. Don't worry. Assuming you are sailing on Sunday on the Mariner -- we are supposed to have clear weather on Sunday so leave the dingy at home!:)

Staying at the Crowne Plaza on Feb. 6th. I assume this is at the bottom of the hill. Anyone nearby -- any flooding problems by this hotel?? Also, my daughter will need to buy diapers, baby food, etc before we board. Too bad the airlines charge so much for bags - to expensive to pack. RCL is offering Babies to Go options, but they too are expensive. Hotel offers a shuttle within 5 miles. What is nearby so we can get these supplies before we board? Thanks! PS this is a very quiet baby - they are in the last cabin with us next to to them don't panic if you're on board with us - you won't even know the baby is there

Also - a big thank you to those of you who recommended this hotel!! coming from Chicago - no knowledge of the area and no car to drive to port (tried to rent a car to drop off, but with 6 adults and a baby, nothing available)

Coordinator... we stayed at this hotel last May and are staying there again before our Feb. 14th Mariner cruise. We asked the bell captain about picking up a few items I left behind and some I didn't want to haul with us (hubby's Mountain Dews!) and they took us to a nearby CVS, waited for us to run in and buy all of our stuff, then took us back to the hotel.

There might be larger grocery type stores around there, but the CVS was close by and had everything we needed.

I thought this hotel location was great!

Ann

Archived