Century cabin question

boomonster

We booked a garauntee balcony on the Century for Jan 28 .We have never sailed on Celebrity and are still newbies (only been on one other cruise a less formal one).We just got our room number and it is 1135 on the penthouse deck.My question is it a decent room , or is there drawbacks to being all the way in the back?We stayed in the middle on the other cruise.Also anything else I need to know.Thanks in advance.

We booked a garauntee balcony on the Century for Jan 28 .We have never sailed on Celebrity and are still newbies (only been on one other cruise a less formal one).We just got our room number and it is 1135 on the penthouse deck.My question is it a decent room , or is there drawbacks to being all the way in the back?We stayed in the middle on the other cruise.Also anything else I need to know.Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on getting a CC cabin with a balcony guaranty!:)

We've had aft cabins on our last 3 sailings on Century. We've had one just 15' aft of the cabin your in on the penthouse deck. I think it's a great location and I've never had a problem with noise from above.

Some will say there is more motion in the aft and that might be true but we've always felt more motion as we walk forward down the halls from the aft of the Century.

You will feel a very noticeable vibration caused by the prop pitch being changed to slow the ship as it enters ports. Normally this lasts less than 5 minutes but if you’re a late sleeper and entering a port early you'll get a wakeup call. It's never bothered us, in fact I kind of like be notified we're in port.

One nice thing about that location is you have a aft outside stairway just 12' down the hall which leads to the Sunset Bar and the Lido. It's my favorite place on the ship to sit with a drink and watch the wake off the aft.

I think you'll really enjoy that location!:)

Joel

So is the balcony an open balcony that people can look down upon us? Which was my main concern. Good to know we didnt get te worst cabin on the ship. We have never booked blindly before , so hopefully everything is good. Not that any cruise could be bad. I also heard this is a soap opera cruise, does that really affect anything with celebrities ( I use that loosely not a soap opera fan)on board.Thanks for info

So is the balcony an open balcony that people can look down upon us? Which was my main concern. Good to know we didnt get te worst cabin on the ship. We have never booked blindly before , so hopefully everything is good. Not that any cruise could be bad. I also heard this is a soap opera cruise, does that really affect anything with celebrities ( I use that loosely not a soap opera fan)on board.Thanks for info

The balcony on your stateroom should be fully covered.

We had 9230 on the Century TA in December which was the last cabin starboard side one floor down on the Vista deck, one of only two CC cabins with a larger balcony. One thing we didn't like about it was it was only 1/3rd of the balcony was covered and it always felt like someone was looking down at you, many times there was:rolleyes:.

I've never been on a soap cruise but it's got to better than a bleach cruise!:D

Happy Sailing!

Joel

• 2 weeks later...
The balcony on your stateroom should be fully covered.

We had 9230 on the Century TA in December which was the last cabin starboard side one floor down on the Vista deck, one of only two CC cabins with a larger balcony. One thing we didn't like about it was it was only 1/3rd of the balcony was covered and it always felt like someone was looking down at you, many times there was:rolleyes:.

I've never been on a soap cruise but it's got to better than a bleach cruise!:D

Happy Sailing!

Joel

Just out of curiousity, what is the other over sized CC balconey stateroom #?:confused::confused:

Archived